Hockey East Tournament

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
The Quarterfinals in the Hockey East tournament are complete.

The defending National Champion Boston College Eagles defeated New Hampshire in two games. Elsewhere, top seed Boston University defeated Maine in three games, UMass-Lowell defeated Vermont in three games and Northeastern defeated UMass in three games.

Now it's off to the TD Banknorth Garden for the semifinals and championship game this weekend.

Fri. March 20- Semifinals
(5) UMass-Lowell vs. (2) Northeastern- 5:00pm ET (NESN-HD)
(6) Boston College vs. (1) Boston University- 8:00pm ET (NESN-HD)

Sat. March 21- Championship Game
Semifinal Winners- 7:00pm ET (NESN-HD)

Bill, I've always loved the Hockey East Tournament; I can't stand the teams, but the Tournament is top-notch. Anyway, I think Michigan and Notre Dame will play for this years CCHA Tournament title and then it's on to the NCAA Tournament.

I know nothing about these teams in terms of win-loss record, style of play and such.

If I was a betting man- Billy, who would you tell me to pick?

Bill, I've always loved the Hockey East Tournament; I can't stand the teams, but the Tournament is top-notch.
I attended the seminals at the Garden in '07, and man was it electric! :up

Anyway, I think Michigan and Notre Dame will play for this years CCHA Tournament title and then it's on to the NCAA Tournament.

That will be a GREAT game. Most polls that I've seen currently has BU, Notre Dame and Michigan 1-2-3 in the country.

I know nothing about these teams in terms of win-loss record, style of play and such.

If I was a betting man- Billy, who would you tell me to pick?

BU would be the obvious favorite considering they're #1 or #2 in the country, depending on which poll you see. However, one consistent thing about the HE tourney is the unpredictability of it.

Semifinals tonight at the Garden. :up

Better check my remote batteries.........it will be getting a workout tonight! :D

UMass-Lowell upset Northeastern, 3-2 in overtime, and will advance to the HE Championship Game tomorrow night against the BC/BU winner.

Rough night for Boston College.

First the Eagles basketball team gets eliminated, and now the BC hockey team loses to Boston University, 3-2 in the Hockey East semifinals.

BU will face UMass-Lowell in the championship game tomorrow night.

Now the defending national champion Eagles will have to wait and see if they get an invitation to the tournament.

First the Eagles basketball team gets eliminated, and now the BC hockey team loses to Boston University, 3-2 in the Hockey East semifinals.

BU will face UMass-Lowell in the championship game tomorrow night.

Now the defending national champion Eagles will have to wait and see if they get an invitation to the tournament.

Good thing the C's won or it would have been a clean sweep for Boston-area teams.

BU ahead of UMass-Lowell, 1-0.............just starting the third period in the Hockey East Championship.

The Terriers are playing for the #1 overall seed when the brackets are announced tomorrow.

BU wins Hockey East!

Good luck to the Terriers in the NCAA's! :up

Northeastern will more than likely secure an at-large bid in the 16 team field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)