CCHA Tournament

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Who will be following the CCHA Tournament? Personally, I absolutely love college hockey and especially the CCHA! Michigan has been on fire the past few weeks and they are my odds on favorite to win the CCHA this season.

Sound off CCHA fans!

I'm more of a WCHA kinda guy ;)

but I'll go with the Nanooks of Alaska Fairbanks (whoops....Alaska)...just because its kinda fun to see their games on TV late at night :)

1st 2 rounds are on various tv outlets (mainly local) depending on who is playing.

Once they get to The Joe then FSN Detroit has picked up some games

CCHA Tournament Dates

I will update the schedule when more is known. It's times like these when I HATE not living in a hockey town. Anyway, I wonder if we should open WCHA/Hockey East/etc. threads or just rename this thread "2009 Frozen Four" and track all the tournament action in right here?

CCHA Tournament
Mar 6-8 Ice Hockey CCHA First Round Campus Sites TBA
Mar 13-15 Ice Hockey CCHA Quarterfinal Round Campus Sites TBA
Mar 20-21 Ice Hockey CCHA Championship Detroit, Mich. TBA
Mar 27-28 Ice Hockey East Regional Bridgeport, Conn. TBA
Mar 27-28 Ice Hockey West Regional Minneapolis, Minn. TBA
Mar 28-29 Ice Hockey Midwest Regional Grand Rapids, Mich. TBA
Mar 28-29 Ice Hockey Northeast Regional Manchester, N.H. TBA
Apr 9-11 Ice Hockey Frozen Four Washington, D.C. TBA

I'll be watching, Michigan has been fairly solid this year, but had a few lapses. Ohio State is much stronger this year, and the Spartans are a much better team than how they've been playing (next to last).

The Comcast games should be shown on NHL Net (tape delay on Sunday 12pm), FSN will have a few games, and hopefully CBSC / BTN will pick up some.

I'll be watching, Michigan has been fairly solid this year, but had a few lapses. Ohio State is much stronger this year, and the Spartans are a much better team than how they've been playing (next to last).

The Comcast games should be shown on NHL Net (tape delay on Sunday 12pm), FSN will have a few games, and hopefully CBSC / BTN will pick up some.
After leaving for the service, I have spent the past 28-years living south of the Mason-Dixon line or overseas. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I miss not living among "hockey-minded" people during hockey season.:(

Michigan had a big 6-1 win versus Ferris State last night and they are back in Ann Arbor this evening for the rubber game against the Bulldogs. As the season winds down, the action should be heating up going into the CCHA Tournament and subsequent NCAA Tournament.

Fairbanks is praying Ohio State loses tonight to Miami (OH)
Ohio State loss...Fairbanks gets a bye in the 1st round
Ohio State tie or win...they get the bye in the 1st round

Looking to the Bulldogs putting up a better game tonight. Very happy that CBS college sports is showing the game. Many of us Directv subsribers this week have seen that channel has been added without sports pack.

Looking to the Bulldogs putting up a better game tonight. Very happy that CBS college sports is showing the game. Many of us Directv subsribers this week have seen that channel has been added without sports pack.
Ferris State looks pretty good after one period of play...they are hitting hard and keeping Michigan away from the goal; tied up at 0-0.

It all started tonight...

Tonight's Games
Ferris State 0 - Nebraska-Omaha 3
Lake Superior 6 - Western Michigan 3
Michigan State 3 - Northern Michigan 5

Tomorrow's Games
Ferris State at Nebraska-Omaha 7:05 CT
Bowling Green at Ohio State 7:05 ET
Lake Superior at Western Michigan 7:35 ET
Michigan State at Northern Michigan 7:35 ET

Sunday's Games
Ferris State at Nebraska-Omaha 7:05 CT
Bowling Green at Ohio State 7:05 ET
Lake Superior at Western Michigan 7:35 ET
Michigan State at Northern Michigan 7:35 ET

Saturday's Games
Ferris State 2 - Nebraska-Omaha 5
Bowling Green 1 - Ohio State 7
Lake Superior 6 - Western Michigan 3
Michigan State 2 - Northern Michigan 8

Plenty of good action taking place today...

2nd Round Schedule

Friday, March 13
Ohio State at Alaska 7:05 AT GT
Northern Michigan at Miami 7:35 ET GT
Western Michigan at Michigan 7:35 ET GT
Nebraska-Omaha at Notre Dame 7:35 ET GT

Saturday, March 14
Ohio State at Alaska 7:05 AT GT
Northern Michigan at Miami 7:05 ET GT
Western Michigan at Michigan 7:05 ET GT
Nebraska-Omaha at Notre Dame 7:05 ET GT

Sunday, March 15
Ohio State at Alaska 6:05 AT GT
Northern Michigan at Miami 7:05 ET GT
Nebraska-Omaha at Notre Dame 7:05 ET GT
Western Michigan at Michigan 7:35 ET GT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts