2013 Masters Tournament

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
It's time once again for America to focus their attention on the 2013 Masters Tournament from Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, GA. What's not to love...you got Jack, Arnold and Gary, and Tigers is playing well again...although he hasn't won a major since BC&C (Before getting Caught & Clocked).

Television Schedule:
Par 3 Contest: Wednesday, April 10th, 3:00 - 5:00 PM ET (ESPN)
First Round: Thursday, April 11th, 3:00 - 7:30 PM ET (ESPN)
Second Round: Friday, April 12th, 3:00 - 7:30 PM ET (ESPN)
Third Round: Saturday, April 13th, 3:00 - 7:00 PM ET (CBS)
Final Round: Sunday, April 14th, 2:00 - 7:00 PM ET (CBS)

www.masters.com

I look forward to discussion the events with real sports fans.

i know we don't have golf fans on this site but i'm really looking forward to this riff! thanks for posting the info. GO TIGER!

So who is the favorite to win this year? Yep, it's Tiger Woods...and he actually deserves the top billing after starting the season at the Arnold Palmer and at Torey Pines. But will Tiger come away with a victory this year or will his majors drought continue? Offhand, you got to like the odds of his winning since I really haven't seen anyone else play consistently good golf so far this year. We shall see.

So who is the favorite to win this year? Yep, it's Tiger Woods...and he actually deserves the top billing after starting the season at the Arnold Palmer and at Torey Pines. But will Tiger come away with a victory this year or will his majors drought continue? Offhand, you got to like the odds of his winning since I really haven't seen anyone else play consistently good golf so far this year. We shall see.

IF you are a betting man, you "the field" is the odds on favorite. But not by much... Tiger's putting has been out of this world and what has led to his resurgence.

I like this too. Too bad I will be out of town the Saturday and Sunday. :(

I hope he wins them all !

I feel pretty lucky.

I grew up watching and rooting for Jack, perhaps the best golfer of all time up to that point.

Followed by Tiger who although hasn't caught Jack's record for majors yet, I believe is the best golfer of all time.

I hope someone else comes along after Tiger retires.

I feel pretty lucky.

I grew up watching and rooting for Jack, perhaps the best golfer of all time up to that point.

Followed by Tiger who although hasn't caught Jack's record for majors yet, I believe is the best golfer of all time.

I hope someone else comes along after Tiger retires.

Me too...but I feel Jack was by far the best player in history. He played with woods and irons with a sweet-spot the size of a dime. Jack finished in 2nd place a record number of times in the major, and he could have won 25 majors if he didn't start having having back issues in the mid-30s. Except for Gary Player, his generation of fellow golfers didn't take exercise and staying in shape very seriously. Shame!

"Hee-Haw" It's Masters Week and time to take some personal leave and enjoy the activities! Is anyone going to be in Augusta this week? I have a brother and an uncle who will be heading that way for a few days. Me? I have to be in Atlanta on business from Tuesday through Thursday. Since Friday is a travel day, I am thinking about rearranging my return flight and spending a day or two with family.

"Hee-Haw" It's Masters Week and time to take some personal leave and enjoy the activities! Is anyone going to be in Augusta this week? I have a brother and an uncle who will be heading that way for a few days. Me? I have to be in Atlanta on business from Tuesday through Thursday. Since Friday is a travel day, I am thinking about rearranging my return flight and spending a day or two with family.

i'd really like to go someday.

make that 3.

I won't dare say would like to play there one day because there are no latino club members, I am not wealthy(BIG difference between "rich" and "wealthy"... ;) ) and I DON'T know A SOUL that is a member.

"...for it's ONE, TWO, STRIKES you're out at the ole ball game......!"

Last edited:
(Set to the musical score of Oh, Christmas Tree!) Oh, Masters Tournament, Oh, Masters Tournament, your greens are never changing! What the heck...I'm excited about the upcoming tournament and the prospect that I'll find Masters Gifts stuffed into my golf shoes left hanging in the laundry room. :rolleyes:

Go Jack! Go Arnie! Go Gary! Go Tom! Go Phil! Go Rory! Go Home Tiger! :)

"I love the smell of azaleas in the morning."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts