2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Congrats to the Louisville faithful. I must say...I'm quite proud of this very young Wolverine team - just hope Burke and Hardaway return next season.

Say goodbye to Burke, and possibly Robinson, Hardaway, and McGary. Personally I think they should ALL stay. In Burke 's case, his stock may never be higher. McGary's tournament run opened some NBA eyes, but he really needs some more seasoning. The other two are not ready at all, but all it takes is some friend telling you that you are better than you really are. Fortunately they both have father's with NBA pedigrees, that may keep them grounded. Michigan will survive Burke 's departure, as you may have seen last night, when Burke rode the bench in the first half. Plus they have a very talented of coming for next season in Walton. This team will be extremely good next season, providing the other three do what's right, and remain in Ann Arbor.
All in all, a great season. They exceeded everyone's expectations.

In all fairness, the score wouldn't have been nearly that bad, had we had last night's officiating. We shot almost 50% with our starters in, but were horrid with reserves in.

Ugh! What every happened to the days when you stayed in schooled to graduate...or at least play through your junior year.

NBA so desperately wanted to implement this but the players union would not allot it. The only they that I totally disagree with them.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The NFL manages to keep these kids in school 3 after high school graduation. Why can't this be done in the NBA? It would benefit everyone.

NBA probably pads NCAA pockets.I hated it when they started allowing kids to jump to the nba after 1 year of college.Again,it all comes down to $$$.

The NFL manages to keep these kids in school 3 after high school graduation. Why can't this be done in the NBA? It would benefit everyone.

2 years for football. They can leave after their sophomore year.

Baseball is either go immediately or stay in college for 3 years.

But.....The NFL is offering bazillon dollar contracts to sophomores and most juniors,like the nba does.

2 years if they're a a redshirt or Juco player.

NFL rule is 3 years after high school.

MLB has a minor league system, which can develop a kid for 3+ years.

I remember when the NBA draft was something, now it sucks. NBA should go back to the 3 year rule, as the NFL showed it'll hold up in court because they're a private enterprise. It would make college and the NBA much better.

2 years if they're a a redshirt or Juco player.

NFL rule is 3 years after high school.

MLB has a minor league system, which can develop a kid for 3+ years.

I remember when the NBA draft was something, now it sucks. NBA should go back to the 3 year rule, as the NFL showed it'll hold up in court because they're a private enterprise. It would make college and the NBA much better.

When did they change it? I thought it was 2 years.

Yet another example how a union can contribute to dysfunction.

IF it were up to the owners, the players would be playing for "the love of the game" ..*cough free cough*, there would be no retirement fund and STILL cry poverty and hold cities hostage.

There is no doubt that there is WAY, WAY, WAY more than enough money to go around. But they are without a shadow of a doubt...the lesser of the two evils in my opinion.

When exactly did the one-and-done thing kick into high gear?

Looking back, lord knows how many studs back in the day would have left early under today's circumstances.

One of Salsa's all-time faves, Pearl Washington, played 3 years. In this day and age, maybe 2 if lucky.

I heard Bobby Cremins and Mark Packer discussing sort of the same topic on NCAA bb players leaving early today.Cremins said that if a player declares for the draft and doesn't get selected in a high spot they should be able to return to the NCAA.So at least they are broaching the topic.Ultimately though,it's the NBA that would have to change the rules,to prevent the 1 or 2 and done.

I heard Bobby Cremins and Mark Packer discussing sort of the same topic on NCAA bb players leaving early today.Cremins said that if a player declares for the draft and doesn't get selected in a high spot they should be able to return to the NCAA.So at least they are broaching the topic.Ultimately though,it's the NBA that would have to change the rules,to prevent the 1 or 2 and done.

As with MOST Sports, there are at least twice as many people that are told they will go in the first round than actually do.

Does the NFL have to be 2 played years ?
Or could you be Red Shirted as a Freshman and go after your one year (soph year)

I looked the rule up and it has to be 3 years after you graduate high school. You don't have to play college football at all if you don't want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)