Liberty Media’s John Malone Calls Pay TV Sports Prices “Unsustainable”

Yep, the tipping point approacheth. Maybe fewer people would cut the cord if they could cut out all sports and their fees from their bills. But cord cutting seems to be accelerating. The cost for sports is hurting other programming, as people need to dump the good with the bad (sports).

If you love sports, fine. But I don't like my bill being so high to pay for something I never watch.

Yep, the tipping point approacheth. Maybe fewer people would cut the cord if they could cut out all sports and their fees from their bills. But cord cutting seems to be accelerating. The cost for sports is hurting other programming, as people need to dump the good with the bad (sports).

If you love sports, fine. But I don't like my bill being so high to pay for something I never watch.

Yes sports is hurting alot and I love sports but there is a tipping point and it is going to be soon for me and I agree with everything you said navychop :)

I don't like having to pay EXTRA for things like an ADDL box, A fee to USE a DVR, A FEE for the RIGHT to have HD ...
Remember if you will, HD USE to be FREE, till companies realized that they can make more money off it if they ALL agree to charge for it.

Those of you that are ready to say "I don't pay extra for HD, or My HD is FREE ...
No it's not, your paying for it one way or the other somewhere.

My HD is free on Directv. I have to auto pay for it to be free but it is free.
Sport packages have actually started to come down from what they were because I think they saw the writing on the wall that they were too high.
If they go up much more at all they will lose out for sure. Most people are hurting for money. I don't think I will able to afford the Sunday Ticket this
year due to expenses coming up about the time the football season starts.

My HD is free on Directv. I have to auto pay for it to be free but it is free.
Sport packages have actually started to come down from what they were because I think they saw the writing on the wall that they were too high.
If they go up much more at all they will lose out for sure. Most people are hurting for money. I don't think I will able to afford the Sunday Ticket this
year due to expenses coming up about the time the football season starts.

Same here especially if Directv don't budge on the price and give early bird discounts for people that have had it before :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts