Hockey filter at Game Finder URL seems to be broken

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
I've only been looking for hockey telecasts over the last few days at the DISH game finder page. When you select the "Hockey" radio button, the game finder returns all sports. The Baseball and Football filters are working properly. I tried to report this to the Customer Support chat line but that didn't seem to be going anywhere. I figured I'd try tech support chat since they should know where to go. Again, all I was trying to do was report the issue and not get an immediate fix.

Probably should have reported this to a DIRT member instead. Here's how the tech chat went down:

DISH REP ---Hi, my name is xxxxx How may I help you?
DISH REP ---Good afternoon, xxx.
ME --: Hi xxxx. No problem. I just wanted to report that the DISH game finder page appears to be broken. When you choose the filter for "hockey" it returns all sports and not just hockey. I tried reporting this to customer service but the guy on the other end didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
ME --: So tis is just to make the report.
DISH REP ---I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
DISH REP ---Let me check that for you.
ME --: I think this is more of an issue for your web people.
DISH REP ---I understand that.
DISH REP ---How long have you been experiencing this problem?
ME --: I only noticed in over the last few days. I have not searched for hockey earlier because the season starts today. Football and baseball filters appear to work properly.
DISH REP ---I'm very sorry that this has been such an ongoing issue.
DISH REP ---May I know if what browser are you using?
ME --: No problem and I don't expect for a "resolution" right now. I only wanted to make the report so somebody knows about it.
DISH REP ---I certainly understand that, xxx.
ME --: I have used both IE and Seamonkey (Mozilla creation). Same issue with both browsers
DISH REP ---Thank you for that inromation.
ME --: No worries. I figured I needed to try several browsers to narrow down any issues.
DISH REP ---What I am going to do is fill out a Technical Problem report for your issue. Unfortunately, setting up a replacement or a technician visit to your home will not correct the issue. The report I am going to fill out will be forwarded directly to our engineering department so they can research the issue and correct it going forward, which most likely will take place through software update to your receiver. These updates happen automatically so there is nothing more you need to do other than keep your receiver plugged in as normal. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
ME --: Thanks for that reply but this really has nothing to do with my DISH receiver. This is a website issue.
DISH REP ---I am sorry about the typo error.
DISH REP ---You're most welcome.
ME --: OK - thank you. Take care for now
DISH REP ---Is there anything else that I can help you with?
DISH REP ---You're welcome.
ME --: No. It's all good. Just wanted to let someone know.
DISH REP ---You can also access mydish.com/support or interactive DISH Channel 101 to access quick and easy troubleshooting steps that will save you time in the future.
DISH REP ---Thank you for using DISH Chat and giving me the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. Have a great rest of your day!
DISH REP has disconnected.

Last edited:
PM DIRT or maybe they will notice this thread and put in a report as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)