Home-Brew Satellite Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey, that bandstacked C-band Eagle/Aspen has a back door, with just a cover plate over it.
I've thought about sticking a SatAV Mini in there.
But then I'd have a nice bandstacked C-, with a regular Ku-. - :(
So maybe if I find a suitable horn for an old Dish Network FSS LNB , I might give it a try!
Now, that would be a hoot!
Now that's something I would like to see. :)

Actually, I have the LNB; has anyone got a 105° feedhorn they'd like to part with?
Perhaps there is another one that would work; all I have are the tall elliptical ones.
Sorry, I don't have one, but someone else might.

Well the co-rotor II came to my rescue again. Grabbed the one off the last dish I took down, slapped it on, set the skew and had instant 60% SQ on 12060V G11 again. Didn't touch anything else as far as in or out. I did set the F/D at .34 like my specs called for.

Got 90%SQ on the CW on G11, and actually got the equity mux on G3 to a 45% SQ. Didn't even show up on the C-K1.

Now I think with a little TLC and some fine tuning, this dish might turn out pretty well after all for both C and Ku. :)

I've got a 35K HTS voltage controlled C-Band LNBF here. I just need to figure a way to cut the top out of it, and mount a Ku LNB in there. :)

I can hardly wait until Sadoun comes out with the Servo controlling GBox. :cool:

Then we can use the equipment we know and love.

Hey Thomas,

The Home-Brew is on vacation while I get the testing dish up and some satellite goodies tested so that I can sell them.

My FTA fund is down to nothing, and I have other things I want to buy. :)

Feedhorn Assembly

Hello Fred,
I know you’re not working right now on your home brew dish. I was looking through some old threads and found a unique dish because of the feedhorn that was used. I don’t know the make of it. I’m sure it’s not the same maker as yours is. However the feedhorn as unique as it looks slightly like yours. Only that yours is more like you say “Home Brew”. I think that you should check it out. I’m not sure if it would work for you but I think you of all people could figure out a way to have it work for you. From looking at the images shown on the thread it does look more stable. Maybe because of the working material involve in making it.

The title of the thread is called The BUD is up!!! Located at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/41389-bud-up.html

Anyway I was thinking of you when I found that thread!

Take care,
TOM

:D

Hello Fred,
I know you’re not working right now on your home brew dish. I was looking through some old threads and found a unique dish because of the feedhorn that was used. I don’t know the make of it. I’m sure it’s not the same maker as yours is. However the feedhorn as unique as it looks slightly like yours. Only that yours is more like you say “Home Brew”. I think that you should check it out. I’m not sure if it would work for you but I think you of all people could figure out a way to have it work for you. From looking at the images shown on the thread it does look more stable. Maybe because of the working material involve in making it.

The title of the thread is called The BUD is up!!! Located at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/41389-bud-up.html

Anyway I was thinking of you when I found that thread!

Take care,
TOM

:D

Hey Thomas.

Yes the home-brew dish is awaiting transfer to the roof for my son to take over. I gave him the dish, will give him the co-rotor on it with lnbs, a Pansat 2500a receiver all on the condition that he will put it back together and tune it in (with my help of course) so he will know how to fix something should anything ever happen to me. :eek:

The bud in your link is a Cassegrain type bud. I remember reading that thread when iammike posted it.

Whole different type of feed-horn setup. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)