Home Improvement Shows on SkyAngel

Cliff498_2

Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Houston TX
The type of shows I’m interested include the “Home Improvement” shows, This Old House, Trading Spaces, Extreme House makeover, etc. Basically shows one might find on a Home, Lawn & Garden channel.

What’s the possibility a Skyangel channel like SafeTV, Guardian, etc. could get some of the old PBS home improvement shows that were popular before “home improvement” became popular?

I think they may have been with Bob Villa or some other folks—the hosts changed over the years. Since it was a PBS show, shouldn’t it be reasonably cheap to obtain the rights to such a broadcast? I know there are probably lots of other shows like this that were done during the ‘90s that were local. For example, in Dallas, there was a homebuilder who put together his own “home improvement” show.

I believe that even if these shows are dated, such as from the 70s or 80s that they would still be an interest in them.

Great idea!!! There is a Christian PBS channel in New Orleans, WLAE. Maybe they could work out something. See their website at www.pbs.org/wlae/., and if you think the idea has merit, shoot an email to SA and WLAE.

You can always write stations like Guardian, SAFE and Faith to see if they can get Bob Villa's Home Again, or old episodes of Hometime. The old "This old house" episodes are owned by DIY network. But I don't know if it's exclusive or not.

See ya
Tony