Home Run king, Hank Aaron has died at 86

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Don in CT

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 4, 2013
Central CT
Hall of Famer and one-time home run king Atlanta Braves legend Henry Louis “Hank” Aaron passed away this morning at the age of 86, CBS46 has learned. He leaves behind an indelible legacy on and off the baseball diamond.

Aaron was born in Mobile, Alabama in 1934, the son of Herbert and Estella Aaron. He played in sandlots and started his pro career in the Negro Leagues in 1951. He made his way through the minor leagues until age 20. Aaron then made his Major League Debut and started his 23-year-career with the then-Milwaukee Braves.

He recorded his first of 755 home runs on April 23, 1954 in a game against the St. Louis Cardinals. His first season saw him finish fourth in the rookie of the year voting as he hit .280 with 13 home runs and 69 RBIs. It was just the start of what became one of the most legendary careers in baseball history.

Hall of Famer and one-time home run king Atlanta Braves legend Henry Louis “Hank” Aaron passed away this morning at the age of 86, CBS46 has learned. He leaves behind an indelible legacy on and off the baseball diamond.

Aaron was born in Mobile, Alabama in 1934, the son of Herbert and Estella Aaron. He played in sandlots and started his pro career in the Negro Leagues in 1951. He made his way through the minor leagues until age 20. Aaron then made his Major League Debut and started his 23-year-career with the then-Milwaukee Braves.

He recorded his first of 755 home runs on April 23, 1954 in a game against the St. Louis Cardinals. His first season saw him finish fourth in the rookie of the year voting as he hit .280 with 13 home runs and 69 RBIs. It was just the start of what became one of the most legendary careers in baseball history.

The Hall of Famers that have passed over the last calendar year is mind boggling. RIP, Hank

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Sad
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I vividly remember being at a Brewers-Red Sox game at Fenway with my Dad in 1975. Reggie Cleveland was the Sox starting pitcher and Billy Travers was the starter for the Brewers. Hank was at the end of his career and he was the DH for the Brewers on this night. It was only a year before that he broke Babe Ruth’s home run record, and that was shown on national TV. And now here I am a 9 year old kid, and I was mere feet away from the home run champ when he was in the on deck circle. It is a memory that I will cherish forever. RIP, Hank. You were one of the greats and you personified grace and class!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: david_jr and Foxbat
My dad used to take me to the MILWAUKEE Braves games back in 1956 -58. I was totally a fan of Aaron, as well as Matthew's, Spahn, and Adcock. Never forgave rhe team for moving to Atlanta, but I always had a soft spot for Hank Aaron. A class act.

Now that MLB is adding Negro League stats to their own, Hank’s homerun total should go up by 5 putting him at 760, which unfortunately is still 2 shy of Mr. Steroid.

*edit* never mind, mlb is only including stats from a certain time frame which doesn’t include Hank Aaron’s time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)