Home sick, great day for satellite scanning...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
...NOT.........the reed switch is out on my C-Band dish so I'm stuck there. I don't have any of my Ku dishes working properly right now. Bottom line is I have all day to play and I can't. I might sneak out and replace the reed switch and re-program all my c-band sats. That'll keep me busy for awhile.

I was having allergy trouble for a few days and I thought it was just that but yesterday morning I woke with a sore throat and throughout the day it progressively got worse to the point where I took Ny-Quil last night and did manage to sleep but today I feel like I got run over by a truck! So I'm not completely incapacitated but I am feeling miserable. Hopefully it will go away as quickly as it came.

Just venting I guess.....gonna drag my butt out to the dish farm I think.:)

yes it is :)

Thats how I feel everyday. There is some weird news feeds out there during the day

Haven't found anything mind blowing yet, just getting my dish re-aligned. Having an intermittent reed switch wreaks havoc on things.

My local FOX affiliate channel has a news segment every night called "Scanning the satellites" on the local news. They air clips of wild news caught on video. I can't help wonder if WXXA has a Satellite Guy working for them.

Feeds are the number one reason to have a FTA setup IMO. You really never know what you're going to see. Plus, you get a perspective on events most people never get to see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.