Home System Upgrade VIP 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

maspain

Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Well, my tried and true 43" Sony rear projection TV has finally bitten the dust. I need some help. Will be upgrading to a new LCD soon. Money is tight, so I can only spend $$$ on what I need. Don't really have the funds to upgrade receiver and TV at the same time. I have a VIP 622 running through an Onkyo TX SR573 Receiver to my TV with optical for sound. I also have my Xbox 360 and DVD player running through the receiver as well. My receiver has no HDMI hookups. (Came out before HDMI took off.)

My question is, If I upgrade to a LCD TV w/ HDMI, can I run HDMI from the 622 to the TV, and optical to the receiver for sound? Will it isolate the signals that way? Or can you do either HDMI or component connections?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

That will work fine. The optical output is always active. Just mute or turn down the sound on the LCD if you don't want to use built in speakers along with your Onkyo's speakers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)