Home Theater Products Day 1

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Various HT products, some shots didn't come out very clear...

Attachments

• FPTV.JPG
    FPTV.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 313
  • FPTV1.JPG
    FPTV1.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 314
  • FPTV2.JPG
    FPTV2.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Motorized Flat TV Mount.JPG
    Motorized Flat TV Mount.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Jvc FPTV.JPG
    Jvc FPTV.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Jvc FPTV 1.JPG
    Jvc FPTV 1.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Jvc FPTV 2.JPG
    Jvc FPTV 2.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 305
I was wondering if anyone went to the Da-Lite booth.
They are changing the High Power screen material on manual screens and was hoping they had a demo showing at CES.

Watching the dts demo disc now, it was available only if you watched a 10 minute loop with a clip from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian in dts-HD Master Audio 7.1 along with a Country Video from Gloriana - Wild At Heart dts-HD Master Audio 7.1 96/24... both sounded very good in the demo booth which had consumer available audio equipment inside and sounded very good.
The BD Demo has clips from:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian dts-HD Master Audio 7.1
Twilight dts-HD Master Audio 5.1
Baraka dts-HD Master Audio 5.1 96/24
Sleeping Beauty dts-HD Master Audio 7.1
Drumline dts-HD Master Audio 5.1
Band of Brothers dts-HD Master Audio 5.1
Bolt dts-HD Master Audio 6.1
The Incredible Hulk dts-HD Master Audo 5.1
Hellboy II: The Golden Army dts-HD Master Audio 7.1
and thats just the movies... there are 9 Music Videos and some extras...

I've been disappointed in the dts booth now two years in a row. Last year they demoed a laboratory prepared 11.1 sound track. There was no disk because no one has a way to play it. This year they showed me what a system would sound like if I bought a Home theater in a box from Walmart. Sorry, but I disagree. The demo sounded bad. The performers were good but the sound was not. I didn't come all the way from Florida to hear a Walmart Home theater in a box from DTS. I want to hear a reference system, something I want to strive for.

The Dolby Demo room did that. Last year Dolby demoed bad headphones in their room and I gave it a thumbs down. This year they had a great HT reference sound system.

Either way, I can't wait to listen to both disks on my system at home, especially the DTS one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts