Homeland on Showtime - HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Leafs99

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Seattle
A bit of a specific question here, but I figured someone else on the board watches Homeland.

I've noticed that on Sunday night (when the first-run episodes are new), Homeland does not have the little [HD] tag beside it even though it is on SHOWeHD or SHOwHD. All the other shows on there (like Dexter) have the [HD] symbol.

Has anyone else noticed this or observed whether the Homeland first-runs on Sunday night are in HD?

-Steve

I'm just guessing here, but maybe Showtime uses a special graphic for that show when it's airing. I know when I watch Boss on Starz, they put a special graphic without a HD logo. I know it sounds weird, but that's TV for you. Preferably, I'd rather have the rest of the premiums be like HBO and not show a logo/graphic all the time.

I'm just guessing here, but maybe Showtime uses a special graphic for that show when it's airing. I know when I watch Boss on Starz, they put a special graphic without a HD logo. I know it sounds weird, but that's TV for you. Preferably, I'd rather have the rest of the premiums be like HBO and not show a logo/graphic all the time.

Ah, I should have been more specific. I meant the D* guide doesn't show the [HD] tag. Not the on-screen logo.

Ah, I should have been more specific. I meant the D* guide doesn't show the [HD] tag. Not the on-screen logo.

That happens to me on my local ABC HD station and a few others from time to time. I don't know what causes it since it doesn't seem to happen a lot. The show is still in HD so I just ignore it.

the EPG data is provided (likely for a fee) to DirecTV by Tribune. If the show is HD and shown in HD; I would ignore the omission.

Thanks guys. I'll just check it out next time it's on and see if it's in HD anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)