homemade dish mover idea!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Probably right about the GM sending unit, but that's the only fuel sender that I happened to have lying around.

The motor is a Von Wiese, and I attached a pic showing the limit switches. You set the west limit first by running the motor with the long rod unbolted from the dish until the bottom limit switch engages. Then adjust the length of the long rod by threading it in or out by hand until it is at the length it should be when the dish is at the west limit. The east limit is easy, just loosen the 2 screws and adjust the upper cam position by turning it in the slotted holes. That's how mine is adjusted, but I know that if the motor is mounted on the other side of the dish, then the the bottom cam would be the east limit and the top cam would be the west limit.

Attachments

• adjust.jpg
    adjust.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 116
for aiming purposes i use a 12 volt battery charger. the dish moves painfully slow and almost does not want to go back east from extreme west becuase there is not enough power.

stick with your analog box until you can afford a vbox. Honestly you won't regret it.
I know my stack of receivers and AV equipment makes heat. You may need to add a vent from your hvac system to that room for more cooling cfm. or crank down the thermostat a bit.

Your tv is probably the biggest offender of waste heat especially if it is an LCD big screen. Mine run hot as heck.

i had a digital thermometer handy so i took some readings

my drake runs at a toasty 97.3 F
my 905 runs at 92.7F
and its 81.1F in my room with @$$# fans running!

why does this equipment get so dang hot?

Tubes were great they would hear the house in the winter. :D

I've never heard of tubes that could listen. Maybe they would hear some juicy gossip in one room, then go off to tell all their tube buddies about it, that explains why they did it in the winter, radio waves bounce more.:D

I've never heard of tubes that could listen. Maybe they would hear some juicy gossip in one room, then go off to tell all their tube buddies about it, that explains why they did it in the winter, radio waves bounce more.:D

I meant warm the house. I stand corrected :angel:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)