homemade mount for 2nd circular lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabe33

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Can someone post a picture of a homemade mount for a second circular lnb on a 31” dish? I remember reading you guys putting a 2 inch block of wood and using a clamp to hold the lnb and block on. If this doesn’t work I can get a bracket for 2nd lnb $15 on fleabay, but what fun is that?
How does this circular lnb have to be angled?

Is this on a motorized?

If it is, no wood is needed :)

I just took my DBS LNB and hoseclamped it to the KU LNB. I have a Sadoun KU LNB and an old DIrectv single hoseclamped. Not at home so I can't post the picture :)

The wood was only to space out the degrees. I needed one to bolt a DBS LNB to my StarChoice dish which sees 107.3 & 111.1. Put a 1/2 inch piece of wood next to the 111.1 LNB for 119

Remember also a Circular LNB can be used upside down, sideways anyway as the signals come down in a spiral!

Attachments

• cp2sats.gif
    cp2sats.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 274
Yes this is on a motorized setup wich is working great thanks to the help of this board. It took me all day on Sat to do it but the ku stuff works great with motor.

I have an old DIrectv single lnb too. How do I clamp the old DIrectv single lnb?
Does it go on top, to the side, or does it need to be angled?

Are the circular Sats on the same clark belt path as the KU band ones?:) :eureka

Here ya go! This is for G10 and IA7.

Attachments

• fortec2.jpg
    fortec2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 330
  • fortec3.jpg
    fortec3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 333
  • fortec4.jpg
    fortec4.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 316
gabe33 said:
Are the circular Sats on the same clark belt path as the KU band ones?:) :eureka

Yes, same "Clarke Belt" for all satellites!

Attachments

• clarke_belt.jpg
    clarke_belt.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 234
You can't tell in the photos, but I had to add a small thin piece of plastic in between the the lnb eyes so that the lnbs would be aligned properly.

Last edited:
Plastic tie straps work well also as seen here on my P* dish. I moved the side lnbf around a little to find the strongest signal and then tightened the tie straps. Use at least two straps :)

The center lnbf is linear, the one strapped to the side of it is circular.
You can't tell in the pic but the side lnb is angled toward the center of the dish. This angle/spacing depends on the dish you are using of course.

The side lnbf is 4 degrees off from the center one. That way I can get G10 and E7 at the same position. And if I move to W3 I can get Ni2 on the circular.

I've been looking for something more "permanent" but so far the straps are holding well.

Attachments

• dual-lnbs.jpg
    dual-lnbs.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 344
I might try the plastic ties on my 2 Fortec Univ. LNBs. The store I went to onight only had 4.5" hose clamps - I don't think the lnbs will fit inside those.

How would I cable the two lnb's with the motor? I have a disq switch and plenty of cables. Do I do the switch before or after the motor for best results?

Ok it makes sense now... this way you can control both lnbs with the motor, not just one. Amazing, you guys are the best!

For large hose clamps, try your local auto parts store.
They have really big ones. (Some use them to mount gages to the steering column.)

I'm gonna try that myself for a more permanant solution.

off-topic

PSB said:
Remember also a Circular LNB can be used upside down, sideways anyway as the signals come down in a spiral!

i'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything, but how to regular fta signals (linear polarity) come down? are they straight lines, going from the sat. to the dish?

Yes :) That's why skew is so important, you are actually lining up your dish/LNB exactly the same as the satellite in the sky!

Attachments

• Lp2sats.gif
    Lp2sats.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 217
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts