Homemade RF Antenna??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steady34

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
I bought an open box Sony HD 300 from Best Buy. It did not have the factory RF antenna included. However, it does have an output for the RF antenna. I thought I read a post about an easy/cheap way to make an RF antenna that would work with this unit. Any thoughts?

I would rather not have to pay for the aftermarket cones. Wife was already complaining about the money spent for this receiver. This unit will be used in two rooms.

Thanks

Just a question, how much did Best Buy charge for an open box HD 300?

Did you get bunny ears with your TV? You could probably just hook them up to the HD box and see what you get. If you are in a big city you might be able to get the OTA HD with just the rabbit ears. If not Radio shack has some really cheap (20-50 dollar) outdoor antennas you could use outside or in the attic.

If you are in the middle no where you will need to probably put the antenna on the roof.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my earlier post. I'm looking for an antenna to work the remote in a different room in the house. The Sony has one included, but since I bought the open box model it did not have this included. It has a plug in the back of the receiver that looks almost like a standard cell phone jack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)