Homeplug question

mdwatt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Jackson, OH
I have a 622 and a 722 receiver and I want to connect both of them to my broadband connection using the homeplug setup. I'm fairly familiar with this technology, but the only thing I don't know is this: Do I need a send AND receive homeplug unit for EACH receiver, or can I use a send unit for each dish receiver, and have one receive unit to plug into my router? I know if I were just hooking up my 622, I would connect the LAN cable from my 622 to a homeplug unit, and then connect the other half of the homeplug unit into my router. But adding the 722 complicates things a little. Need some help here....

Thanks in advance!

I have a 622 and a 722 receiver and I want to connect both of them to my broadband connection using the homeplug setup. I'm fairly familiar with this technology, but the only thing I don't know is this: Do I need a send AND receive homeplug unit for EACH receiver, or can I use a send unit for each dish receiver, and have one receive unit to plug into my router? I know if I were just hooking up my 622, I would connect the LAN cable from my 622 to a homeplug unit, and then connect the other half of the homeplug unit into my router. But adding the 722 complicates things a little. Need some help here....

Thanks in advance!

I have an ethernet cable going from my router to my homeplug unit, that is plugged into an outlet. It sends the necessary info over the powerlines to both my 622's. Nothing needed at the receivers. Just plug 'em into the outlet!

Tom in TX

Make sure you have DHCP turned on on your router. You can't set up a static IP on the 622 for some reason. Even my Wii has a static IP option.

Anyway, once I figured that out and turned it back on...it worked fine.

BTW...I have Wildblue and don't buy PPV...I had to hook it up because they started charging me the $5 because my 622 hadn't called out for a while. I checked the phone line...it's fine. I tried initiating a call-out and picked up the extension...the 622 was dialing a wrong number! DISH wanted to send me another one, but my HD is full of stuff, so I told them to forget it and bought a cheap Homeplug adaptor. Grrrrrrr....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts