HomeRun Flex 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
HomeRun Flex 4K I have the HomeRun Flex 4K but do not have a earthernet hook up can i use a IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter.

HomeRun Flex 4K I have the HomeRun Flex 4K but do not have a earthernet hook up can i use a IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter.

You MAY be able to use this:

Amazon product ASIN B09MSZ1876View: https://www.amazon.com/Extender-000sq-ft-coverage-Superfast-Amplifier/dp/B09MSZ1876

It extends your wifi connection and also provides a wired ethernet port access point. Plugs in to an outlet near the device you want to use it with. I don't have any experience with it myself so can't say for sure if it will work in your situation. Just throwing it out there as an option for you to try. :)

Reactions: rodder
IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter
These used to be called "gaming adapters" because they brought wireless to Ethernet-only games. As such, I expect it would work. I have a Linksys gaming adapter that works superbly well for my application, which is to run an old audio streamer called an OmniFi.
You MAY be able to use this:

Amazon product ASIN B09MSZ1876View: https://www.amazon.com/Extender-000sq-ft-coverage-Superfast-Amplifier/dp/B09MSZ1876

It extends your wifi connection and also provides a wired ethernet port access point. Plugs in to an outlet near the device you want to use it with. I don't have any experience with it myself so can't say for sure if it will work in your situation. Just throwing it out there as an option for you to try. :)
I think that could also be made to work, but it's more expensive than the IOGEAR:

Amazon product ASIN B018YPWOREView: https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Ethernet-2-WiFi-Universal-Wireless-GWU637/dp/B018YPWORE

As comfortably_numb said, it may not even work if the through-put is not sufficient but if I were going to try it I would go with the one that costs a bit more due to the better ratings it gets. As they say, and is usually correct, you get what you pay for. You can always return it. :rolleyes
1/2 star is not much better than the IOGear. And the OP hasn't told us what he has for a wireless router. If it's 802.11n or newer, it should (haha!) easily support 4K.

I sent it back i will wait and get one of the other 3.0 receivers when they come out
I suggest this one coming in a month or so, BUT, it only connects to a single tv set: Tablo ATSC 3.0 QUAD HDMI Over-the-Air [OTA] DVR

Whatever you do, do NOT get the "Zapperbox" that's been hyped for years. Single tuner, priced too high, and they keep promising things at added prices for "in the future". Not only that, but it's still not released.

Chanells DVR with the HDHRflex runs fine through a older Linksys AC 1200 serving 3 tv's wireless in my house and it is a two story house. When I set it up that was the first thing I tried figuring I would need a new router, but turns out this one works fine. When it dies I will but a much faster just to future proof.

I even took my phone down to the basement and no problem watching. Based on my experience, no wired connections needed. I will agree with CN, use the 5 gig side of the router. And my router is pre smart router, just a dual band Linksys dumb router. Probally 6 years old.

I even took my phone down to the basement and no problem watching. Based on my experience, no wired connections needed. I will agree with CN, use the 5 gig side of the router.
Have you tried it remotely as of yet? I did last week at my sons house, and it worked perfectly watching any content. Just turn on the "Remote DVR" switch bottom left. It automatically configured my Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router

I will turn that on tonight. Just a web browser with the flex IP?
Browser works, and so does using the Channels Dvr app on your phone. Just change it from the local lan IP address of your server, to: my.channelsdvr.net

channels.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts