This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Homesat 8009 BJU

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm thinking a lot of folks will give 'em to the Goodwill or similar organizations.
. . . Where they'll languish 'till an intelligent FTAer snags the dish for $5 or so.

I wish our Goodwill store would have something like that. Never seen one yet and I live 2 blocks away from one

I bought a system, meaning: Dish & mount, LNBF, Receiver, Remote. Plus unexpected bonus - in the box: RG6, unused ground wire, cheap compass. Yeah, I imagine how shocking it might be to assume shipping will be $30 and then you find out it will be $62. Then you learn the lesson of not guessing when you could have been more careful. The carrier will tell you "dimensional weight applies"...

As for me it made no difference other than my opinion of the seller's ethics. I researched the system on the BJU site and found out that service would be discontinued.

In quite a few of the auction descriptions, people were listing complete systems & receivers for the purpose of viewing BJU training, complete with BJU contact phone numbers and explanation of how to initiate service through BJU. So, imagine you are some family buying one of these to home school your kids. Then after buying one, you come to find out that in May it will become useless for that purpose...

Status
Please reply by conversation.