Homesat 8009 BJU

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm thinking a lot of folks will give 'em to the Goodwill or similar organizations.
. . . Where they'll languish 'till an intelligent FTAer snags the dish for $5 or so.

I wish our Goodwill store would have something like that. Never seen one yet and I live 2 blocks away from one

There have been quite a few of these systems appearing on eBay. Many of the sellers clearly don't bother to figure out how much shipping costs before the listing closes.
I assume you're talking about the dish. Unless you've shipped one or had one shipped, it can be pretty stunning when you realize what it will cost.

I bought a system, meaning: Dish & mount, LNBF, Receiver, Remote. Plus unexpected bonus - in the box: RG6, unused ground wire, cheap compass. Yeah, I imagine how shocking it might be to assume shipping will be $30 and then you find out it will be $62. Then you learn the lesson of not guessing when you could have been more careful. The carrier will tell you "dimensional weight applies"...

It's too bad that only a fraction of these systems' sellers disclose in eBay listings that BJU will cease delivery of training by satellite in less than a year. Considering things, I would have expected better.
You lost me on that one - what difference does it make that BJU is ceasing their sat services if you're buying it as a FTA setup?

As for me it made no difference other than my opinion of the seller's ethics. I researched the system on the BJU site and found out that service would be discontinued.

In quite a few of the auction descriptions, people were listing complete systems & receivers for the purpose of viewing BJU training, complete with BJU contact phone numbers and explanation of how to initiate service through BJU. So, imagine you are some family buying one of these to home school your kids. Then after buying one, you come to find out that in May it will become useless for that purpose... :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)