Hook up HR24 to Wireless

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
Can someone tell me what I need to be able to hook up an HR24 to the internet wirelessly? It's not possible to hook it up directly so I must use wifi. Also, whatever is needed can I purchase it at Best Buy or does it have to come from D.

Thanks in advance for any help and assistance!

Can someone tell me what I need to be able to hook up an HR24 to the internet wirelessly? It's not possible to hook it up directly so I must use wifi. Also, whatever is needed can I purchase it at Best Buy or does it have to come from D.

Thanks in advance for any help and assistance!

Do you have a SWM set-up & whole home DVR?

No its not a whole home setup. We have 4 other receivers but this is the main one in the living room and i want to hook it up to wireless.

You have 2 choices. 1 (I recommend) is using a broadband deca connected from your SWM splitter to your router. This will "inject" the Internet in to you coax and will let the HR24 connect to the Internet. Other option is using a wifi deca which does the same but picks the signal up via wifi. I don't think either one will be found at a best buy. Give Directv a call and they can get you set up. Wireless don't normally need a tech so they'd more than likely drop ship one. Broadband would require a tech to come out and install it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts