Receiver Interference

Status
Please reply by conversation.

claytoncullen

Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
United States
I recently installed a DirectTV system in my home. I have the whole house DVR system. The receivers in the bedrooms are the H-25-100. I am a HAM radio operator and have a station in my home at the opposite end of the house from the master bedroom. Each time I transmit on 20 MTRS, the receiver in the master bedroom resets. The living room and the other bedrooms remain unaffected. This can be a bit annoying to the wife. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might resolve this issue?

RF saturation is a bitch, ain't it? Knowing the cause is one thing, a solution is another. Any chance your rig is on the same power circuit as the affected receiver? That could make it worse and an improvement might come from separating the two. Any change in power outlets might make a difference. Other than that I don't have anything specific. Get on an ARRL forum and ask there. I'd bet another Ham has had the issue and can make a better recommendation. You'll find more of them there too.

Hi-
Newbie here, but have been lurking for a couple of months.

I have a related question: (My apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum)

I'm using Hughes net satellite for internet, with a .98M dish and 2 watt transmitter, on 99W/G-16. Any ideas on how far away I need to set up my new 180cm dish for FTA use on 97W / G-19 to keep my internet dish transmitter from interfering with TV reception?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts