Hook up Signal loss

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
Hi,

Just set up a new location with weather threatening, so I did a temporary dish on a tripod. Quickly got good signal quality on all desired xponders. Next I searched the used cable left in the house by direct TV. My FristStrike gave good readings at the dish and at the viewing site inside the house. I have no idea where the cable is between the dish and the viewing site.

Good readings at the lnbf, good readings at the cable inside. When I hook the GSP200, there is no signal. Took the new gsp200 to my house and hooked to a known good cable and the same receiver worked fine.

My first inclination is that the unknown cable under the house, placed by others, is faulty. However,, Why does FirstStrike say things are good at the end of the cable while GSP200 can't see anything?

I an going back with a new cable to stretch out the door to the dish to confirm.

I'm open to any suggestions anyone here has.

Thanks

Bill

Last edited:
Sounds like you are going to troubleshoot the way that we would suggest. Bypass the problem then start working backwards from a known working signal path.

Might be a bad connection, failing coax, inline switch, LNBF problem???

Let us know what you find.

Thanks, Brian.

The new cable worked fine. The lady is happy to walk over the cable until I can get it placed under the floor. (It's raining here today)

While in the car back and forth, talking with my friend, I searched my mind for other options. One you've presented to me before is that I can be getting good sl and sq from another satellite for any specific xponder. I am sorry to admit that I forgot the xponder settings you told me about that exists only on one of the satellites in question: SES1 and G19.

I'm feeling somewhat brave and considering a Micro HD to set up and use for myself before offering to another user. What do you think?

Last edited:
More thought about the MicroHD.. Is the hdmi the only output for audio?

Since posting this question, I've been reading RV1pop and Iceberg's history on the MicroHD. Answer received.

Thanks.

I'll call and place my order.

Last edited:
If the skew is correctly set, 12152 is a unique transponder frequency to Galaxy 19.

The new GEOSATpro HDVR1200 HD/DVR receiver will be released next month with full Glorystar experience. It will feature automatic channel updating and also allow the user to arrange their own favorites and add additional channels that will not be erased during the automatic updating process. The system will be HD and DVR capable, but will be sold at the price of a standard system!

HDVR1200---FrontPanel_Final.jpg HDVR1200---RearPanel-Photo.jpg

Thanks, Brian and Pop.

The third transponder set on my meter is 12152. I have seen some sq coming in with wild skews, but realize that is not a solution. So if I don't get 12152, I'm probably looking at another bird.

I've already ordered a Micro. I probably should have waited for the new stb.

I have a friend using a Mercury II. His receiver lost audio on one of his favorite channels, and is considering a new STB. He speaks French and therefore is interested in French speaking channels on G19. His Mercury II allows selecting those additional channels. It sounds like the new box is just what he needs. I'll encourage him to wait for it.

I hope the availability of the new STB doesn't drag out as long as the SL1 PLL.

Thanks again!

Not sure what you mean about the HDVR1200 availability "doesn't drag out"? The SL1PLL was brought to market within 6 months of development. That is very quick!

The HDVR1200 has been manufactured and starts shipping to customers in 3 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)