Hooked on Rock Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I may have to dive into this myself. My GF has been wanting Sing Star, but with only 30 songs for $60, I have serious replayability issues with it, and I'd rather play guitar.

Here's my question: if I buy Rock Band 2 software for PS3 when it comes out, can I just buy the mike and guitar separately to use with it, since I probably won't have space for a drum kit. And do any of those third party guitars work better than the one that comes with it (which everyone says sucks)?
A basic USB microphone should work with it, so you may not need to get the RB one. At least that's how it is with the 360 version.
As far as 3rd party ones go, it's a case-by-case basis. I just use the ones that came with the games, but I don't use the RB guitars because I find those to be horrid. Also, the GH3 guitars should work now, as I'm pretty sure that they FINALLY released a patch to allow the GH guitars to work with RB. Whether it's the other way around I don't know.
FWIW, Singstar is supposed to have a lot of DLC with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)