Hooking back up a 6x16 Multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
I unhooked my multiswitch this weekend and like a dummy I didn't pay attention to what lines from the satellite went where. I have a 5 lnb slimline and a seperate dish for my locals at 72.5. I have no meters to use. What is the best way to tell what line goes where or will I have to hook up lines one by one to figure out what goes where? I probably should mention that I have a smart box all the way on the other side of the house that my multiswitch is located. The line are all the way to my attic and rundown to my smartbox. there is no way to follow the lines to the multiswitch. Thanks.

Last edited:
Would the 5lnb be considered a phase 3 dish? If so, it looks like it doesn't matter where I hook the 4 lines from the Slimline dish. It only matters where I hook the line from the 72.5 dish. Is this correct?

There should be 2 flex ports on the multiswitch, for 72.5 or International dish. The other 4 inputs are for the lines coming from your 5 LNB. The 5 LNB is not considered a 3 LNB, but it shouldn't matter where you put the 4 coax lines from the dish into the multiswitch, as long as they are not put into the flex ports.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)