Hooking Internet up to HR24 with MRV enabled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
still can't figure this out. I've setup the system just like the picture, even tried using the power supply provided with the deca. The black box I had says swm odu only and has signal to ird and power to swm.

DecaCloud.jpg

the splitter before the hr24 shows a different config in this pic. Should my 4-way splitter look like this one?

Last edited:
Ok, best I can tell, this is how I'm currently setup. The two receivers on the right side of the splitter are both HR24's. The items in the red box are what the guy brought out yesterday. We had it mostly working, except we kept loosing the Multiroom whenever we'd start doing VOD. After following some of the diagrams on here, I removed everything and now I'm back to this setup.
Sorry for the Paint drawing, all I had installed at the moment.
Existing.jpg

It seems to me the Dish installer should be doing this for you if you find it so complicated.

My installer took a few minutes to run the cable and set up DECA. It works great.

My installer is the one that told me it couldn't be done. Directv sent me a deca to get it working, but then the installer came back out yesterday with parts in red and

" We had it mostly working, except we kept loosing the Multiroom whenever we'd start doing VOD."

My installer is the one that told me it couldn't be done. Directv sent me a deca to get it working, but then the installer came back out yesterday with parts in red and

" We had it mostly working, except we kept loosing the Multiroom whenever we'd start doing VOD."

Yeah sounds like you might need to do a reset on the power inserter.

It seems to me the Dish installer should be doing this for you if you find it so complicated.

My installer took a few minutes to run the cable and set up DECA. It works great.

Yeap thats all it takes.. :)

ok, do I need two cables coming from the splitter? Sorry, it was around midnight when I unhooked everything, don't remember exactly how it was setup. One cable to the hr 24 from splitter, one to the deca with power and ethernet? Then reset the power inserter (wait til green light goes off)?

I ended up sending the first installer back and asking for a more experienced guy to do the install. smartest thing I ever did.

Ok, rewired it during lunch, it's working now like it was last night. Still, no mrv from that receiver while it's downloading a vod. I unplugged the power inserter (black box) and left it unplugged for a few minutes (light went off). Still no luck.

Existing2.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)