Jun 1, 2010
Winter Springs, FL
Help!!!!

I have the following:

Sony Grand Wega 55-inch rear projection TV
cable HD DVR
Sony PS3
home theater surround sound system

I want to watch everything on the TV and have the sound come through the surround sound system. The surround sound system does not have any HDMI inputs. So, the dealer suggested that I run the PS3 and the cable box to the TV via HDMI cables, and then run a TOSlink (digital optical) cable from the TV to the home theater receiver. Well, I just ran into another problem: my TV only has one HDMI input!

My question is this, should I run the PS3 to the TV via HDMI (since I will also play Blu-ray movies on it) and use component cables to hook up the DVR to the TV - and still use the TOSlink cable for the sound? Or, is there such an animal as an HDMI splitter and what issues will that cause?

Considering I am in the process of trying to figure out how to mount the speakers on the ceiling and run all of the wires around the room (with vaulted ceilings by the way), and now these headaches, all of this equipment may just wind up in the pool.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Doug:confused::rant:

My question is this, should I run the PS3 to the TV via HDMI (since I will also play Blu-ray movies on it) and use component cables to hook up the DVR to the TV - and still use the TOSlink cable for the sound?
Yes.........
Since the DVR (sat/cable) is 720p or 1080i anyway, I'd just use the component cables for that, for video. The BD movies being 1080p, needs the HDMI. This way, you won't have to go to the extra expense or trouble of the HDMI switcher. If you end up with more HDMI rear to hookup, then get a switcher. But, I'd get one that works on a remote...........
Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)