TOSLink

Rookie79

Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Madrid
Hello all,

I just recently purchased a Samsung 46LC650 HD TV. I would like to connect my TV to my Sony DG510 AVS. However, this particular TV model doesn't have a HDMI (out) slot (has Audio Optical Out).

I tried to connect with a TOSLink to TOSLink cable, but I'm not receiving any audio.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Rookie79

However, this particular TV model doesn't have a HDMI (out) slot (has Audio Optical Out).
No consumer TV has HDMI passthrough/repeater functions. Not quite sure why you'd need one.

Most TVs don't even have multichannel audio passthrough...

Diogen.

The optical out on tvs is for using with internal tuner, for local HD channels, while using an antenna. If this is what you're trying to do, it's probably a setting in the tv's setup menus. If you're trying to use this with cable or sat, you'll need to run the optical cable from the cable or sat box, to the A/V receiver, for the audio. You may also have to assign the optical input to what you're plugging in to it. Check the receiver's owner's manual for info on that.

We have a crappy old receiver, so we use our optical out on our TV to feed that, rather than feed the receiver and it feeds the TV.

I didn't think this was all that out of the ordinary.

With almost $100 in credits with Amazon atm, maybe I should look into fixing that, would make a nice new receiver a lot less of a spendy purchase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts