Hooking up my dvr

Lswonmatt

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Kentucky
ok guys im new to setting up my own satellite but im giving it a shot anyway.. i have a dish dual tuner vip622 and want to hook it up at my weekend place im only hooking up the dvr to 1 tv no others my question is if i come off of the lnb port 1 with one rg6 cable to the dish separator then to the sat 1 sat 2 input is this all i will need to be able to record one show and watch another channel at the same time? or would i need to come off port 1 and port 2 into a dpp 44 then run a cable to the separator ? or could i just come off the lnb port 1 with a rg6 cable to sat 1 port and another rg6 off the lnb port 2 straight into the sat 2 port ?

Like i said i new but im guessing any one of these ways would work just trying to get some more input on it and which way would be the easiest before i start buying stuff i wont need.

Using a separator all you need is run a single RG6 from the LNB to the receiver. No switch, no second line.
The LNB on the dish must be a DPP TWIN not a Dish Pro or Legacy TWIN. Only the DPP works with a separator. New 1000.2 and 1000.4 dishes have DPP technology built in.

Do NOT use a DPP44 unless you're an International package subscriber. Way too much complexity (and power consumption) where an appropriate (and considerably less expensive) LNB assembly will do.

DishPro+ (DPP) stacks two tuner's worth of signal on a single coax and the separator breaks it out for the DVR's two tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)