hooking up sat 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
a friend of mine has a poor man's dish, 2 single lnb's going into a sw21 switch for 110 and 119.he also has a single lnb dish that he wants to get 129 for locals. question is, how do i connect all 3 cables.do i need another switch? he doesn't want to get another dish

actually if you can find a SW-21X that would work too since its a single receiver setup.

They're on Ebay pretty cheap and the setup would be as such

110 & 119 into the SW21X (make sure it says 21X)...output of the 21X into port 1 of the SW21. 129 dish to port 2

The 21X switch is like a SW42 which is very old but allows you to cascade switches. I use to have a SW42 (4 lines in 2 lines out) and SW21's for 110/119/61.5

Attachments

• dishnet-tech-main.jpg
    dishnet-tech-main.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 141
I have used the sw21 and 21x setup, but was told you can just cascade 2 sw21's.
maybe worth a try if you have one.

I've tried that and it wont work. It will recognize both ports on the switch closest to the receiver but only port 1 on the "back" one

Realize the SW21X is not made by DISH Network and quality will vary and not be supported under DHPP.

so? If you've seen the OP's posts its usually 2nd hand receivers and oddball dish setups. If it blows up, he'll just post here :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)