Hooking up second dish - duplexer connections?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I recently installed a second dish and have it working fine. Now I want to combine it with my first dish and send both outputs down one coaxial cable to the receiver. I ordered a SUV30 Duplexer but I don't understand the labeling on the face of the unit.

second_dish1.jpg

Did I get the wrong part? If not where does the first dish hook up? The second dish and the receiver?

here is the second dish.

second_dish2.jpg

Thanks, DC

Your Mercury II probably came with a diseqc switch.
See this thread on Switches Simplified, to get a handle on using one.
The diplexer is not the proper solution for this problem, but hold on to it (used in pairs, actually) as you may find a use for it later.

See this thread on Switches Simplified, to get a handle on using one.
The diplexer is not the proper solution for this problem, but hold on to it (used in pairs, actually) as you may find a use for it later.

Thanks for the reply, yes I did find the switch that came with my kit. Just got done hooking up the grounding blocks and the switch. It is working now but I have some questions on the settings within the receiver that control the switch.

pcs.jpg

I looked over the link above and it helped but I did not see anything on the receiver.

rec.jpg

What I'm not sure about is the 0/22MHz setting. After some trial and error I have the switch switching from dish one to dish two but I had to have the 0/22 MHz setting off on dish 2 but on for dish 1. Does that look right?

Also not completely sure about the DiSEqC 1.1 or 1?

What does the port do? I have dish 1 on port 1 and dish 2 on port 2.

Sure is fun having the two fixed dishes, one is on Hispasat and the other G18. Neat how the channel change is instant between the two satellites.

Thanks, DC

I'll refer you back to that Switch thread.
On the second post, there is an overview of 22khz switches and diseqc switches.
They are different types.
You have a 22khz switch, and so you turn the diseqc controls off for both dishes.
Then, (as you have found) turn 22khz On for one dish, and 22khz Off for the other.

Sounds like you've got it! - :D

Looks like I was wrong on that point! - ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts