Hopper 2 Upgrade Pricing - Is this a good deal?

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
My current setup consists of 2-vip622's and 2-vip211K's. 1 of the 622's is leased, all the other equipment is owned and I am currently not under contract. Programming service level is AEP. Called today to get pricing on upgrading to the new Hopper w/sling. Pricing I was given for the upgrade consisting of 2-Hoppers and 3-Joeys was $400. Is this a good price?

I paid $200 for one Hopper w/sling upgrade so 2 Hoppers at $400 sounds about right. They are not charging for the Joeys.

Note that you can get the Hopper Mk1 for only $50/ea. So you might think carefully whether or not you really need the Mk2.

Only really need 1 HwS so get a Hopper 2 and a Hopper 1 for $250 instead.

Also keep in mind that the only thing that Hopper 2 can do that Hopper 1 can't is iPad transfers so if you don't need that then just get 2 Hopper 1s for $100.

Hopper 1 needs a Sling Adapter for Sling and a WiFi dongle for WiFi. Sling Adaptwr is $50 and WiFi dongle is $25 (if you're lucky, might be able to get a free WiFi dongle from Dish, I got one a while back.)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

But the HWS is new and fast and shiny!
And a bad investment at this point in time. 7 mos later, I paid $50 for the original hopper that WAY TO MANY spent $200 for.
ADVICE...Keep in your pants for a while, until it's worth it.

I upgraded my 922 to original Hopper on Jan 7 for $50. On the 17th I called and complained that I would have waited for the Hopper with Sling if I had know it was going to be available. They ended up giving me the new Hopper free because it was within 15 days of install. After reading what other current customers are being offered, I guess It was a good deal.

2 New Hoppers w/Sling, 4 Joeys......$100, with a $50 one time credit, $10 off for six months.....sounds like I better be quiet about that deal...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts