Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
A lot of people have been asking me what DISH has available for 4K Programming currently. This list is what I have currently on my Hopper 3 as of Feb 3 - 10:30 PM ET.

Unless noted all programs / movies are $7.99

VOD Channel 1 or 501 (Downloaded from Satellite to your Hard Drive)

- Nothing Currently

VOD - (Press Menu then Video on Demand)

The Monuments Men
The Amazing Spider Man
Smurfs 2 (3D)
Defiance - (Free - 14 Episodes Available)
Playing House - (Free - 8 Episodes Available)
Captain Phillips
We are Blood
Prime Wake Movie
Moto 6: The Movie
Life Cycles
AfterGlow
unReal
American Hustle
NotBad
Valhalla

All the above in the VOD Category are downloaded from the Internet.

Thanks Scott.... I don't have a 4K primary TV yet. I wondered how Hopper would handle. When I tried to download the 4K Version of Defiance, it indicated that I didn't have a 4K TV and asked if I wanted to download a compatible version. The Samsung TV says that it is playing a 1080i (not 1080P) version.

A lot of people have been asking me what DISH has available for 4K Programming currently. This list is what I have currently on my Hopper 3 as of Feb 3 - 10:30 PM ET.

- Nothing Currently

The Monuments Men
The Amazing Spider Man
Smurfs 2 (3D)
Captain Phillips
We are Blood
Prime Wake Movie
Life Cycles
AfterGlow
unReal
American Hustle
NotBad
Valhalla

thanks scott we all hope that there will be alot more 4k coming this year thanks buddy :)

- Nothing Currently

The Monuments Men
The Amazing Spider Man
Smurfs 2 (3D)
Captain Phillips
We are Blood
Prime Wake Movie
Life Cycles
AfterGlow
unReal
American Hustle
NotBad
Valhalla

Have you ever had any 4K on ch 1 or 501?

Have you ever had any 4K on ch 1 or 501?
Those take time to populate anytime you get a new receiver. On top of these being 4K movies, meaning they're substantially larger, it will take even longer. Dish probably spools these downloads at different times as well. Lastly, and I could be wrong, I don't ever recall seeing 1-2 VOD movies shown on channels 1 or 501, so I suspect they don't show up until "x" number are actually downloaded to the receiver and available.

Scott said all the above are downloaded via Internet. Are any of this 4k VOD going to be satellite provided? My Internet connection is pretty slow, 3Mb/s... The free stuff may take a while.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I tried to download one of the Defiance episodes last night on my receiver, when I got to the video type I chose 4K and it told me my receiver has insufficient bandwith for title and to try again later. I am hooked up with a HIC and my internet downloads are up to 30Mbps down. The HD version downloaded and average speeds for that were around 17-19 Mbps
If that is the case what does it need to be at before you can download any 4K content?

Scott said all the above are downloaded via Internet. Are any of this 4k VOD going to be satellite provided? My Internet connection is pretty slow, 3Mb/s... The free stuff may take a while.
Yes you will see some.... My understanding is they are trickle downloaded from the satellite so it does take awhile.

Reactions: bluegras
I'm surprised Dish didn't get some scenic videos to put on the free 4k list. I know Netflix has a few short clips that are nice to put on when testing video quality or just showing off for friends and family.

Just got my H3 up and running a few minutes ago. I'll have to try one of those free tv shows just to see how it looks.

Well if you haven't seen it don't rent monuments men unless you want to fall asleep. Another Clooney bore. Figured with the actor list and storyline it would be good. Looks good in 4K. Spider-Man would probably be a better test though. Too bad ppv certificates don't work on them.

Well if you haven't seen it don't rent monuments men unless you want to fall asleep. Another Clooney bore. Figured with the actor list and storyline it would be good. Looks good in 4K. Spider-Man would probably be a better test though. Too bad ppv certificates don't work on them.

I love Monuments Men. Thought it was a great movie with a fantastic story.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts