Hopper 3 - 52.0 Remote Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miker295

Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle
I'm getting used to the Hopper 3 remote (model 52.0) but one apparent issue is driving me nuts. In the Guide I use the FF and RW buttons to skip 24 hours forward or backward in the guide. For instance, this makes it very easy to glance at prime time each night of the week and pick shows I want to watch. With the 52 remote though, I have to hold down the skip fwd/bkwd buttons in order to skip ahead/back. The problem is that this seems to be very, very sensitive. If I hold it too little, it will just skip ahead the default 3 hours. If I hold it too long, it will skip multiple days ahead. I can't figure out the trick to consistently skipping a day ahead or behind.

Let me know if anyone has any tricks/tips here, but I suspect this is a software thing that needs to be addressed, or a way to swap what the buttons do (since I rarely skip just 3 hours ahead and would rather the default be 24 hours)

How long have you been installed? I have had mine up over 24 hours now and when I just tried it, I had no problems. I held the forward and backward down until it moved one day then let go. It never went more than one day as long as I watched it and let go. I am wondering if it doesn't have to do with your guide still loading if you just had it installed today. If installed prior to today, maybe try what others have said and unplug it for 10 seconds then plug it back in. Give it about an hour and try it again and see if it clears the bugs out.

Reactions: Tron2012
With the 52 remote though, I have to hold down the skip fwd/bkwd buttons in order to skip ahead/back.

Unfortunately when you minimize the design of the remote like this you have to either lose functionality or buttons have to be multi purpose. Like the other posters, they are correct. It takes a few times to "get the feel" for how long to hold the fwd button to have it be 24 skip. However for me I just received a new 52 today and the press hold will go ahead one day but that's it. If I hold it down it will not keep advancing by 24 hours. If I release then immediately press again it only goes in the smaller chunks of time. Have to press hold then repeat the press hold for each day. Don't think that is right! I'll try restarting the Hopper in the am to see if that shakes things up.

I've found that in order to skip days, if i "long press" the skip forward button once, the remote or receiver remembers that you have long pressed and all subsequent short presses on the same button will be considered a "long press" until you use another button on the remote.

For example, if you "long press" forward to skip from Mon to Tues. You can now just short press that same forward button and it will go to the next day and so on. If you happen to move around the guide using the arrows at any point, you will then have to "long press" again.

Hope that makes sense and is not confusing.

Reactions: Tron2012
I've found that in order to skip days, if i "long press" the skip forward button once, the remote or receiver remembers that you have long pressed and all subsequent short presses on the same button will be considered a "long press" until you use another button on the remote.

For example, if you "long press" forward to skip from Mon to Tues. You can now just short press that same forward button and it will go to the next day and so on. If you happen to move around the guide using the arrows at any point, you will then have to "long press" again.

Hope that makes sense and is not confusing.

Correct. You should also be able to press the middle pause/play button to end the 24 hour skip and return buttons to their normal 2 1/2 hour skip. Just odd why this remote is acting up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)