Hopper 3 - all tuners in use? 8 of 16?

I might see this issue tonight. I decided to do a stress test on my new Hopper 3 by recording the Presidential Debate on every single channel which it is being aired on, in addition to the big 4 in PTAT. I want to be able to see all of the before and after commentary to determine who is least/most biased.

**note, I will say nothing political in this thread**

Reactions: charlesrshell
I might see this issue tonight. I decided to do a stress test on my new Hopper 3 by recording the Presidential Debate on every single channel which it is being aired on, in addition to the big 4 in PTAT. I want to be able to see all of the before and after commentary to determine who is least/most biased.

**note, I will say nothing political in this thread**
Results

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID using the SatelliteGuys app!

Results of my experiment.

We were watching live from the beginning, I forget which channel. Eighteen minutes in the screen went black. I changed to another channel and we watched the rest of it there.

I ended up with double the expected number of recordings. Half were the first 18 minutes and the other had started at 8:18. The box did not reboot, but all the recordings quit and restarted at the same time. I need to check the big 4 networks and see what happened there.

I have not yet done the actual viewing of talking heads. That will require some stamina.

Had this same issue happen to me tonight. 2 tuners in use including one being used for PTAT. Went to record football game airing on ABC (obviously one of the PTAT channels) as I was fairly sure the game would run over and I wanted the manual recording so I could extend it, and received the all tuners in use message. Hopefully this is a software issue that Dish can resolve with an update sooner than later.

You get an automatic one hour extra time added to a sports event and, if it is on a PTAT channel, you wouldn't miss any of the game if it went over that. It may well be that you can't set a manual timer on a PTAT channel. A better way, to make you more comfortable is to set a recording for the next program in the guide on that channel.

You get an automatic one hour extra time added to a sports event and, if it is on a PTAT channel, you wouldn't miss any of the game if it went over that. It may well be that you can't set a manual timer on a PTAT channel. A better way, to make you more comfortable is to set a recording for the next program in the guide on that channel.
I did not get the extra hour of record time being a PTAT recording. I have seen that to be true with manual recordings of sports events. During playback, at 3 1/2 hours which was the scheduled time of the game, the recording ended.
I have found the best workaround for my situation is to, as you mentioned, manually record the next show after the PTAT game or if while watching the game, I press Info, choose "Showtimes", click on the "Recording Now" show, I get an "Edit Timer" option where I can extend the PTAT game recording up to 90 extra minutes.
What is weird is that I can schedule a manual recording of a PTAT show with ease as long as it hasn't started yet.

With U331 out now I wonder if this might have been addressed. I never ran into this message, but I'm lame compared to the rest of you Recording Masters...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)