Hopper 3 and 6 joeys. Have 2 more tv to hook up

Steve_123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2016
Moreauville
Dish said I need to buy another hopper 3 and Joey 2.0 for these other 2 tv. They said they may come out with software update in future that would allow me to purchase just two Joey 2.0 instead. Anyone have info on software update?

I forgot to mention that I do have a second satellite dish already installed.

Are they allowing both H3 on the same account?

Next LNB and s/w etc are expected late in the year. Late, and no promises.

Yea they are allowing hopper 3 on second satellite dish but on same account. I would just rather purchase 2 Joey instead of another hopper 3 (or at least be able to bring one of the 6 joeys I have now into the other bedroom as needed). What is the lnb and sw refer to? Is that software or hardware?

If you were to go with the second H3 on a different account, keep in mind that neither H3 will talk to the other and the Joeys would be Islands as well with regard to the other account.

Reactions: DWS44
Dang that's a lot of Tuners! I remember installing 2 Hoppers and a ton of Joeys in some Nice Houses, and then the H3 came out and those days are over. But shucks.
As for the software update you are referring to, I'm not sure, but soon from what I have been told, supposedly boss man told us all that same time when you can do Hybird Wally installs. I'll ask for that update info and I'll post back tomorrow evening.

You have 9 tvs...
If portable joeys will work,
use some wireless joeys,
And move wireless joeys from tv to tv.
Otherwise,
Get 2 HWS and 6 joeys (1or2 wireless),
they can work together,
Even thought not quite as seemlessly as H3.
But the ability to integrate multiple H3s will not happen soon
Even by dish definition of 'soon'.

You have 9 tvs...
If portable joeys will work,
use some wireless joeys,
And move wireless joeys from tv to tv.
Otherwise,
Get 2 HWS and 6 joeys (1or2 wireless),
they can work together,
Even thought not quite as seemlessly as H3.
But the ability to integrate multiple H3s will not happen soon
Even by dish definition of 'soon'.

That would leave him one short wouldn't it? 2 HWS + 6 Joey (which is the limit) only equals 8 locations. In this scenario, one of the locations would have to be mirrored to the 9th location, right?

The unknown piece of info about the OPs needs are whether all 9 TVs would ever been in operation simultaneously. Dual HWS would bring some integration among everything, but the limitation with that setup to keep in mind is that they would only have 6 total sat tuners...so 3 of the 9 TVs would have to watch DVR content or join what someone else is watching. And even that is only if all 6 tuners are available and nothing is recording.

I suppose you could go this route but add a third HWS, which would give you the 9th location and 9 total tuners. Starts getting to be nearly as complicated (and possibly more expensive) as having the second H3 on a separate dish, though...and they have a whole lot more tuners to go around with the dual H3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)