Hopper 3 and OTA Dual Tuner question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Falcon195

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
Ohio
If I install a Dish Dual Tuner OTA adapter to my Hopper 3 how many OTA stations can I record at once off the Dual Tuner OTA adapter? My thinking is I can record two OTA stations at once because the OTA adapter has two tuners.
Is this correct?

We had a customer call today because he says that his dual OTA tuner that we installed on a Hopper Duo new customer install last week runs too hot and he wants his money back. This is after I told him when we installed it that they run hot and not to worry. Oh well...

If I install a Dish Dual Tuner OTA adapter to my Hopper 3 how many OTA stations can I record at once off the Dual Tuner OTA adapter? My thinking is I can record two OTA stations at once because the OTA adapter has two tuners.
Is this correct?
Don't buy it!! The Hopper software can not handle it as of last August. Can't watch from a Joey without A/V breakups, same goes for recordings. Some workaround, but a waste of money right now!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I won’t be buying another one either. Wally gets installed Friday and I already sold my dual OTA tuner when I traded in my H3.

I’m going to watch and record OTA with my HD Homerun tuner on my PC via HDMI.

Don't buy it!! The Hopper software can not handle it as of last August. Can't watch from a Joey without A/V breakups, same goes for recordings. Some workaround, but a waste of money right now!

If you're having OTA problems on your Joeys please post in this thread:

So Who's Having OTA Problems on Their Joeys?

Dish is collecting information on this problem as it doesn't seem to affect very many people.

In the one week I had mine I was able to heat the entire house with it while pulling in 3 of the available 72 OTA channels available to me. It was 34 outside but inside my OTA tuner had our house at a nice toasty 73. :coco

90E6DC34-F020-40A0-BA32-2A7BCD15A0AF.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)