Hopper 3 and ViP 211z co-existance...

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
As of today, one of two original Hoppers doesn't reboot - it displays startup, blacks out, re-displays the screen, then the TV displays "no signal". They both just got the v.216 (?) upgrade a few days ago, (it still didn't allow the Hoppers to access each other's content) - not sure if the upgrade has something to do with the boot failure.

I'm considering upgrading to a Hopper 3 (and joeys) and a separate receiver for my RV. Are these assumptions correct?

1. Avoid a Wally as it must see all three satellites to work (why?).
2. The EHDs for the Hopper 3 and ViP 211z will not be interchangeable/compatible.
3. It is possible the 211z at home can use the same antenna as the Hopper 3 (1000.2 / dual node). https://rvseniormoments.files.wordp...sh_hopper_vip_mixed_network_1hopper720dpi.jpg
4. Nothing to lose by swapping HDs in the Hoppers to try to recover recordings (with my luck lately the HD will be toasted).

Thanks in advance...

As of today, one of two original Hoppers doesn't reboot - it displays startup, blacks out, re-displays the screen, then the TV displays "no signal". They both just got the v.216 (?) upgrade a few days ago, (it still didn't allow the Hoppers to access each other's content) - not sure if the upgrade has something to do with the boot failure.

I'm considering upgrading to a Hopper 3 (and joeys) and a separate receiver for my RV. Are these assumptions correct?

2. The EHDs for the Hopper 3 and ViP 211z will not be interchangeable/compatible.
3. It is possible the 211z at home can use the same antenna as the Hopper 3 (1000.2 / dual node). https://rvseniormoments.files.wordp...sh_hopper_vip_mixed_network_1hopper720dpi.jpg
4. Nothing to lose by swapping HDs in the Hoppers to try to recover recordings (with my luck lately the HD will be toasted).

Thanks in advance...

#1 - Correct as far as I know.
#2 - Correct
#3 - Incorrect. A Hopper 3 needs a Hybrid LNB which no other receiver can connect to at the same time. At this time the 211Z would need another dish. This could change towards the beginning of next year if the DPH42 switch that Dish has announced materializes.
#4 - Opening the Hoppers would be something that Dish probably wouldn't want you to do. :) Good luck.

Is there a way to run dual hoppers have dual node 3 joeys and a 211 without a 44 switch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="JSheridan
#4 - Opening the Hoppers would be something that Dish probably wouldn't want you to do. :) Good luck.[/QUOTE]
True that, but my new EHD is in the mail and the Hopper failed with 138 concert recordings! After my last EHD failure I'm setting up 4 smaller EHDs, sort of "don't put all your eggs in one basket".

Thanks in advance...
I set up multiple wally's with two satellite, works perfect (110 & 119), using SW21 switch and legacy lnb's

Some people claim that they got 211 working from hybrid LNB?
If true line one from the hybrid LNB to the hopper 3 and the second to the 211.

Doesn't work that way. If you have a Hopper 3 connected to a Hybrid LNB then you can't have any other receiver connected to that LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts