Hopper 3 and Weak OTA issues causing a reboot

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
When watching a weak OTA channel with signal Red of 69 or lower the Hopper 3 reboots every time.. Do you guys have similar results?

I've tried to watch some channels that were yellow, and those definitely threw up the error screen and did not cause a reboot. I don't think I have any channels that are red...

When I have a low signal the same thing happens it reboots before I have a chance to change the channel.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

yeah thats exactly what it does.. my antenna has trees behind it and when the wind blows it causes the signal to get weak at times and when you attempt to change the channel.. BOOM it reboots.

I've never had mine reboot while watching live. It has rebooted while replaying a recorded program with a bad signal.

IMHO - the Dish OTA does a terrible job. Watching TV via the TV the picture rarely drops, with the OTA if a bird's wing flaps it breaks up.

Reactions: DJ Lon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)