Hopper 3 audio issue: low volume

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
My Hopper 3 seems to have an audio issue. When I keep the audio settings at Dolby digital and volume leveling off, the volume is very low and I have crank my Sony sound bar to more than 50% to hear normal volume and the audio sounds over compressed. When I switch it to PCM then I lose all audio. This sounds like a software bug, or something else going on with the Hopper3? Of course if I turn volume leveling on, then it gets worse.

Change your audio out in the Hopper settings to Dolby on, Leveling off, Range Wide.

I know with those settings, I end up having to turn it down when I go back to my Hopper 3 from my Firestick, and the overall sound is really good through my Surround SOund

Change your audio out in the Hopper settings to Dolby on, Leveling off, Range Wide.

I know with those settings, I end up having to turn it down when I go back to my Hopper 3 from my Firestick, and the overall sound is really good through my Surround SOund

Thanks, I will try that. I was concerned that the Range Wide setting would drown out the dialog with background music etc. I tried it once before, and I felt that. Perhaps subsequently with software updates the behavior has changed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts