Hopper 3/Carbon Folders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Okay, as a Test I created a "Test" folder which is folder #6 for me. It is also the last folder alphabetically. We'll see what happens to the recordings in the Test folder when the system reboots.

I added a couple of folders last night and both were gone this morning. The update did not fix mine.
There never was really any indication that the new firmware would fix this as (according to DIRT) the "feature" has not been implemented and when/if it will be is kind of in limbo. Unfortunately.

I found out today that any timers that were tied to the missing folders record (at least according to the history) but do not show up anywhere. I thought they would show up in the "No Folder" but they are not there. I looked at the timers and the folder to record to field is blank.

I found out today that any timers that were tied to the missing folders record (at least according to the history) but do not show up anywhere. I thought they would show up in the "No Folder" but they are not there. I looked at the timers and the folder to record to field is blank.
You have to Create the folder again and then you will see the recordings. Being that the folder is going to be removed on a reboot, I would suggest moving the recordings to a different folder/no folder and adjust the timers for this as well.

Reactions: xfoneguy
You have to Create the folder again and then you will see the recordings. Being that the folder is going to be removed on a reboot, I would suggest moving the recordings to a different folder/no folder and adjust the timers for this as well.
At this point, and until (and IF) this is fixed, there is no reason to keep creating, losing, and re-creating folders over the original 5 (unless you happen to fortunate as SullyInIA - then it's 6) - constantly moving recordings back-and-forth is not only a PITA, but you run the risk of losing some (or all) of them.

Yes...custom folders still holding at 6. :)

However, I don't have a "no folder" as others have mentioned. Do you actually have a folder called "no folder"?

My Test Folder vanished and the recordings I had placed inside reappeared at the DVR level. I'll wait for better Folder support.

Didn't work for me but it could be becaused I had already adjusted my timers to a folder that won't be deleted.

Thanks

Didn't work for me but it could be becaused I had already adjusted my timers to a folder that won't be deleted.

Thanks
I have 8 episodes of one program still in limbo. I've tried all the suggestions. I can find and play the recordings if I use "search" but I can't actually find them in any folder.

Yes...custom folders still holding at 6. :)

However, I don't have a "no folder" as others have mentioned. Do you actually have a folder called "no folder"?
Hmm, that is weird. On another note, I finally got the U303 update and folder is still deleting, as others have said.

Hmm, that is weird. On another note, I finally got the U303 update and folder is still deleting, as others have said.

Attached is a picture showing my 6 custom folders. It's held at 6 for over a week...even after receiving U303.

Attachments

• 20160215_142055361_iOS.jpg
    20160215_142055361_iOS.jpg
    965.4 KB · Views: 230
That is really weird ..... not sure why you are different than anyone else (well, you aren't different but you know what I mean) LOL

Yes...I am different. :)

I had to reboot last night (had a big black box covering most of the screen and lots of audio dropouts) and after the reboot, my 6 custom folders were still there!

According to one of the DIRT people today (I've been PMing him for a few days regarding the folders issue) he was able to create and keep 8 folders. He did say that there was a "new update" but he never told me if he was referring to the U303 we got last week or whether there was in fact another update. I tried creating more than 5 folders on my H3 (with U303) with no luck. Hopefully he can clarify more tomorrow - OR we'll get another update tonite?? HOPE HOPE! Will pass on whatever I find out.

According to one of the DIRT people today (I've been PMing him for a few days regarding the folders issue) he was able to create and keep 8 folders. He did say that there was a "new update" but he never told me if he was referring to the U303 we got last week or whether there was in fact another update. I tried creating more than 5 folders on my H3 (with U303) with no luck. Hopefully he can clarify more tomorrow - OR we'll get another update tonite?? HOPE HOPE! Will pass on whatever I find out.
Sounds like Scott was right, got fingers crossed that it works - with all the complaints I expect to see a lot of updates in the (hopefully) near future. Dish might have released H3 a little too soon.

I would rather have it now with the small bugs, then months down the road. For the most part, these bugs are small. Yes, they can be a little aggravating, but I would rather have the H3 now.

Reactions: peggy97850

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)