Hopper 3/Carbon Folders

Which version of the software do you have? I will look at mine and see this afternoon. I see a new version just came out, 303 I believe, wonder if it addresses this?

Which version of the software do you have? I will look at mine and see this afternoon. I see a new version just came out, 303 I believe, wonder if it addresses this?
U303 downloaded over-night - When my Hopper restarted, the "extra" folders were gone but I need to try another restart again to test it I guess

I got the U303 download last night, I hope that fixes the problem. I put my folders back in.

I email Dish support and they said I needed to call them, they could not troubleshoot this via email. The way I see it the problem is a software bug.

I got the U303 download last night, I hope that fixes the problem. I put my folders back in.

I email Dish support and they said I needed to call them, they could not troubleshoot this via email. The way I see it the problem is a software bug.
I chatted with DIRT today - the "bug" is actually the fact that we are allowed to create more than 5 folders - that has never been true of the Hopper and (unfortunately) is not supposed to be true now. They say it is being "worked on"`. Sad - 5 folders isn't really enough to do much with.

I chatted with DIRT today - the "bug" is actually the fact that we are allowed to create more than 5 folders - that has never been true of the Hopper and (unfortunately) is not supposed to be true now. They say it is being "worked on"`. Sad - 5 folders isn't really enough to do much with.

That's not cool. I like having more than 5 folders! BTW, I still have U301.

Unfortunately you will most likely lose all but 5 folders the next time your box restarts. U303 doesn't help as they tell me that we aren't supposed to have more than 5. Hopefully that will change eventually.

No (I have the new U303) - DIRT told me that more than 5 folders is NOT a "new feature" and it isn't supposed to be happening, period. I'm hoping that since it obviously does work that they'll keep it and make it work right.

Last edited:
Sounds like the software allows creating more than 5 folders in memory, but only persists 5 to the hard drive. So, when the Hopper reboots and reads back from storage, it only sees the 5 that were written previously.

Reactions: xfoneguy
I'm still not sure how I have 6 custom folders versus the 5 that everyone else is reporting. My Hopper has rebooted several times since I set up the folders last week.

Last edited:
Sounds like the software allows creating more than 5 folders in memory, but only persists 5 to the hard drive. So, when the Hopper reboots and reads back from storage, it only sees the 5 that were written previously.
Sounds logical - I PM'd this to DIRT and they are supposed to be checking into it - this is a "bug" whether or not we are supposed to be able to create more than the original 5.

Found where Scott posted this in his mini review:
"I will be honest and say its about the same now, however with the Hopper 3 you can have unlimited folders. If you were a new customer it would be easier to set things up as your starting with a blank slate, but i your moving over it can be some work."

So at some point there were supposed to be Unlimited Folders - has it changed or is it "coming in a future update"?

"I will be honest and say its about the same now, however with the Hopper 3 you can have unlimited folders. If you were a new customer it would be easier to set things up as your starting with a blank slate, but i your moving over it can be some work."

So at some point there were supposed to be Unlimited Folders - has it changed or is it "coming in a future update"?
THANK YOU!! I am VINDICATED!! There were some who thought I was totally in left field, but I was positive that I had read that SOMEWHERE! So yes, that does beg the question then - what exactly happened or changed? DIRT told me that it wasn't true but they were trying to "get clarification". Maybe I should pass this along to the particular person. Thanks again!!

Had been reading your posts about this on other forum, knew I had read it earlier - hopefully customer service had no clue & Scott's info is correct & it will be fixed. Maybe Scott will respond & clarify.

I had gone back and tried to find that info but was unable - you are apparently a more careful reader than I, especially on the "re-reads". I am usually pretty careful about passing along info that I have read unless I am sure I read it.

Had been reading your posts about this on other forum, knew I had read it earlier - hopefully customer service had no clue & Scott's info is correct & it will be fixed. Maybe Scott will respond & clarify.
That would really help - I hate starting any sort of "feud" over something I can't back up.

And obviously there is something going on since the folders can be added, even though they don't survive a reboot. I had hoped that the new update might have fixed the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts