Hopper 3/Carbon Folders

According to one of the DIRT people today (I've been PMing him for a few days regarding the folders issue) he was able to create and keep 8 folders. He did say that there was a "new update" but he never told me if he was referring to the U303 we got last week or whether there was in fact another update. I tried creating more than 5 folders on my H3 (with U303) with no luck. Hopefully he can clarify more tomorrow - OR we'll get another update tonite?? HOPE HOPE! Will pass on whatever I find out.
Apparently the "new" update was what we already have - U303 and DIRT has "referred the issue to the engineers" - so we wait .....still a minor issue compared to the H3 overall improvements.

U309 still did not fix more than 5 folders disappearing. Just updating. Wondering if this is gonna be fixed any time soon?

Reactions: xfoneguy
U309 still did not fix more than 5 folders disappearing. Just updating. Wondering if this is gonna be fixed any time soon?

I have continued to have 6 folders (image attached). I set these up initially and haven't lost them throughout the various software updates. I have decided not to add additional folders at this point, just in case!

Attachments

• IMG_1850.JPG
    IMG_1850.JPG
    538.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I have continued to have 6 folders (imaged attached). I set these up initially and haven't lost them throughout the various software updates. I have decided not to add additional folders at this point, just in case!
That's really weird! I can't keep more than 5 for anything... I've tried, many times. Sometimes when I create #6, my 5th folder is deleted on reboot and all the programs in it are dumped into "no-folder land" - a real pain to fix. I'm going to wait until I hear of some fix before trying again. I doubt that this is on top of Dish's "bug list" tho :( I suspect that some don't consider this a "bug" as much as a "feature" (or lack of one) but if that were the case, we wouldn't be able to create more than 5 folders to begin with.

I have continued to have 6 folders (imaged attached). I set these up initially and haven't lost them throughout the various software updates. I have decided not to add additional folders at this point, just in case!
What is that "Sources" folder? Is that when you have an external attached? Do you always have the external attached? Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Probably not, but just trying to narrow down why you don't have the issue.

What is that "Sources" folder? Is that when you have an external attached? Do you always have the external attached? Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Probably not, but just trying to narrow down why you don't have the issue.
"Sources" is any external source - in our case, it is usually just the external hard drive(s) or if/when we could have a 2nd attached H3, that would show up as well. I have my EHD always attached as I watch programs from it. If I disconnected it, there would be no other source but the existing H3.

Well if you have an external always connected, then that's not it, as your losing your folders too. Wonder why some are having this issue and some are not.
SullyInIA, did you import timers from your old Hopper via your remote or recreate manually? What about you xfoneguy? I imported mine.

Well if you have an external always connected, then that's not it, as your losing your folders too. Wonder why some are having this issue and some are not.
SullyInIA, did you import timers from your old Hopper via your remote or recreate manually? What about you xfoneguy? I imported mine.
Pretty sure I imported them originally.

I set all of my timers up manually. It was a good house cleaning exercise. :)

Since I have been able to keep 6 folders from the beginning, I haven't attempted to create a new one. I don't want to lose this "special" ability. :)

I set all of my timers up manually. It was a good house cleaning exercise. :)

Since I have been able to keep 6 folders from the beginning, I haven't attempted to create a new one. I don't want to lose this "special" ability. :)

Hmm, might be worth it to delete all timers and recreate manually. I will be out of town for a bit or I would give it a shot. Xfoneguy, u have homework. :)

xfoneguy,
I am guessing you didn't do your homework? Maybe I can test this theory out when I get some time. Obviously, its not a priority for Dish to fix this.

xfoneguy,
I am guessing you didn't do your homework? Maybe I can test this theory out when I get some time. Obviously, its not a priority for Dish to fix this.
sorry, you are right - with 200 timers, I haven't had time to delete and re-create them all!

Yeah, I feel ya. I don't have quite that many, but over 100. Maybe I can get to it this weekend if I get bored, lol.

So far so good on the over 5 folders issue with U313. Created some folders last night and they are still there this morning. Keeping fingers crossed!

Reactions: SullyInIA