Hopper 3 changes TV HDMI input

Well my Hopper 3 calls it a "daily reset", and that's what it does. Reset.
There is no setting called Daily Reset. What you're talking about is the Hopper rebooting at a time you CAN specify so it will download the newest program guide to keep it at 9 days while looking for updates. The Inactivity Timer is how long the remote goes without being touched before the hopper goes into Standby or a sleep mode

That's an inactivity timer for standby and the time it checks for an update, which is once a month. No reset or reboot.
When I wake up at 3-4AM and turn on my Joey, the Hopper is not there and I get to wait until it's back. It sure seems like it rebooted.
Well my Hopper 3 calls it a "daily reset", and that's what it does. Reset.
Yeah; reset while rebooting.
There is no setting called Daily Reset. What you're talking about is the Hopper rebooting at a time you CAN specify so it will download the newest program guide to keep it at 9 days while looking for updates. The Inactivity Timer is how long the remote goes without being touched before the hopper goes into Standby or a sleep mode
Hear hear.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Through many, many iterations of Dish receivers they all have a daily reset timer built in to flush memory leaks, empty poor software occurrences and clear the units ram for a nightly guide download (which also can happen anytime in the back ground).

It is not unusual for the nightly reset to fail to accomplish its intended duties and a power cord reboot may be necessary to put the receiver back in its right "mind".

Both of my Hopper3 receivers do a daily reset. My Living Room Hopper3 does the reset at 3 AM and my Family Room Hopper3 does the reset at 4 AM. This happens every night. I purposely delay the Family Room Hopper3 reset since it gets its internet connection through moca from the Living Room Hopper3. I think that the nightly reboots keep both Hopper3 receivers stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you happened to be awake you will notice that the Hopper3 does a complete reboot for the reset. Here is the Dish explanation concerning the reset time.

5f4d28555da66a8df3f445da298aef59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobby and HipKat