Plus / Joey 4s Screen Saver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So what is a work around if you need the TV to stay on for the dogs?
There is none.

On other android TV boxes there is an option to keep music playing. This is not enabled on the Dish boxes. Not sure is this is a Google TV thing or a DISH issue.

I will be meeting with DISH next Friday afternoon and this is one of the things I will bring up.

There is none.

On other android TV boxes there is an option to keep music playing. This is not enabled on the Dish boxes. Not sure is this is a Google TV thing or a DISH issue.

I will be meeting with DISH next Friday afternoon and this is one of the things I will bring up.
Thanks Scott

I had a meeting with DISH today and told them about this issue.

Should be an easy one for them to fix as Google TV / Android TV has an option to keep playing audio after the screen saver starts, its just not enabled in the software.

I had a meeting with DISH today and told them about this issue.

Should be an easy one for them to fix as Google TV / Android TV has an option to keep playing audio after the screen saver starts, its just not enabled in the software.
That looks like it could work for what I need but I still have a question.
The max time of inactivity for the screen saver is 2 hours so what exactly does the system consider activity? Like is the screen saver going to come on if you are watching a movie that’s longer than two hours?

Sent from my iPhone with Chrome real Satelliteguys don’t use tapatalk!

Reactions: charlesrshell
That looks like it could work for what I need but I still have a question.
The max time of inactivity for the screen saver is 2 hours so what exactly does the system consider activity? Like is the screen saver going to come on if you are watching a movie that’s longer than two hours?

Sent from my iPhone with Chrome real Satelliteguys don’t use tapatalk!
Activity means touching the remote

Yeah you’re right especially since it’s only two hours, example if I am watching LOTR which are about 4 hours each why would I be pushing any remote buttons before it’s done?

What about for dogs that like to watch TV?
I am in the same boat as I sleep to my TV. There is no way for me to keep it running all night. Even using the DA app, the screen goes black after a while. Multiple times each night and in turn wakes me up. I dont understand why this should be an issue. :(

I am in the same boat as I sleep to my TV. There is no way for me to keep it running all night. Even using the DA app, the screen goes black after a while. Multiple times each night and in turn wakes me up. I dont understand why this should be an issue. :(
I can tell you that on dishes forum for technicians, the screen saver issue has been brought up multiple times with a consistent request to remove it, or change the settings, so that it can be disabled

I can tell you that on dishes forum for technicians, the screen saver issue has been brought up multiple times with a consistent request to remove it, or change the settings, so that it can be disabled
What is DISH saying about that? Are they working on it?

FWIW, new update

These are the software versions that are included in this release:​

ReceiverQwerty
HopperH138
Hopper with SlingH238
Hopper 3H338
Hopper DuoH438
Joey 1J138
Joey 2/Wireless JoeyJ238
Super JoeyJ338
4K JoeyJ438
Joey 3J538
WallyW538
Hopper Plus System FileP115
Hopper Plus APKP11502
Joey 4 System FileP515
Joey 4 APKP51502
Wireless Joey 4 System FileP615
Wireless Joey 4 APKP61502

You have always been able to disable the screen saver. There's so much misinformation on the forums lol. Go to the Google settings and down to "screensaver" where you can disable.
If you turn it off the TV goes to a black screen for screen saver, doesn't stay on live TV.

• Sad
Reactions: HipKat