Hopper 3 - Corrupted Recordings - Error 04

I remember the first week the H3 was released people were saying how great it was, but now I'm seeing more and more reports of issues.
In fact the same types of issues we have now on my Hopper 2s.

I hope Netflix works, because even the H2s had no issues with Netflix.
But I'm seeing reports alre already stated that reboots and hangups are happening.

I gotta admit, Im starting to get 2nd thoughts on the H3 now....
I sure hope these H3 bugs are extremely isolated .
I just want the Netflix to be reliable on the system, and I don't want to hear anymore complaints about unplayable recordings.
In the years of Using Directvs crappy HRs I've never had corrupt recordings.

With my 9 short months with dish I've had 27 on my H2s.
S525 -529 had 5 between both hoppers in seven months.
U203-204 had 22 in the last 2 months.
And that's just the ones I know of.
One pattern though I've noticed .
19 of then were from HBO and Showtime.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I've not had any problems with Netflix on my H3 though I've read that Joeys are a different story.
I had D* when they had an update that wiped all the recordings and no recovery. Can't remember if it wiped the timers though as that has been a few years back.
Overall the reports are few in the grand scheme of things IMO. Some seem to have a few issues, most seem to be like me, just some random issues with no rhyme or reason. Still don't regret upgrading to the H3.

Lloyd

Reactions: Troch77
I've not had any problems with Netflix on my H3 though I've read that Joeys are a different story.
I had D* when they had an update that wiped all the recordings and no recovery. Can't remember if it wiped the timers though as that has been a few years back.
Overall the reports are few in the grand scheme of things IMO. Some seem to have a few issues, most seem to be like me, just some random issues with no rhyme or reason. Still don't regret upgrading to the H3.

Lloyd
Well the Joeys are a concern to me, Even my Current Joey 1 doesn't have Netflix issues.
I didn't get a 4K joey, because I've seen many reports of bugs, and Netflix not available with them.
But I haven't seen anything about joey 2s.
So hopefully it's all good.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

a
I hope they can squash this bug with the next update - losing recording is a major deal breaker for me. :mad: I can deal with small bugs and glitches but I have a DVR to record shows not hope to record shows.
I totally agree with corrupt recordings being a MAJOR bug. All other bugs are in my opinion minor compared to this one. I have had Dish since June 2014 and the Hopper 3 since January 31st. And until U307 came out on 3-17-16 I had never, not even one time, had a corrupt recording. On either the HWS or the Hopper 3. But since 3-17-16 with both U307 and U308 I have had quite a few corrupt recordings on my Hopper 3 and Dish needs to make this a very high priority to fix. And fix within the next week or two at the longest. Even if it means rolling back to a previous software version.

a
I totally agree with corrupt recordings being a MAJOR bug. All other bugs are in my opinion minor compared to this one. I have had Dish since June 2014 and the Hopper 3 since January 31st. And until U307 came out on 3-17-16 I had never, not even one time, had a corrupt recording. On either the HWS or the Hopper 3. But since 3-17-16 with both U307 and U308 I have had quite a few corrupt recordings on my Hopper 3 and Dish needs to make this a very high priority to fix. And fix within the next week or two at the longest. Even if it means rolling back to a previous software version.

I agree with the rollback idea. Before that "fix" the only problem I had was the inability to turn on the H3 which was temporarily solved by not turning it off. Now there are at least two programs which I cannot record at all. They show as recorded but the start and stop times are identical, thus zero recording time. I even took the "start one minute early" setting to zero with no good result. Could it be that one of the 16 recording channels is dead since many other timers work as normal?

Dish, roll back if the fix will take longer than a few days!!!

I just had my own experience with a corrupted recording, and it made me pretty mad. I recorded the new episode of Bates Motel last week. Got the 004 error and had to delete it. So I searched for reruns and there was one scheduled for Sunday night. So I restored that from the skipped timer and when I checked, it was showing recording at the time. Then I wanted to watch it and that same episode showed the 004 error again!
Then I ran a search again and luckily it was available on Demand.
I have to admit, that despite being such a nice machine, at that moment I wanted my 722 back. Never had to worry about that. I also had bad experiences with the last F1 race weekend, where Free Practice and Qualifying didn't record, even though it showed as scheduled.
I have a very bad tolerance about things being not reliable.

Reactions: Troch77
Agree.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I mean, seriously. I am aware of that this is a new machine. Still kinda hard to explain to the wife for example, why the show she wanted didn't record, after bragging about it having 17 tuners including OTA.
There s no answer to give when not at least on if those tuners did a basic DVR task and record a scheduled timer. How hard can it be?

Reactions: ERSanders
I just had my own experience with a corrupted recording, and it made me pretty mad. I recorded the new episode of Bates Motel last week. Got the 004 error and had to delete it. So I searched for reruns and there was one scheduled for Sunday night. So I restored that from the skipped timer and when I checked, it was showing recording at the time. Then I wanted to watch it and that same episode showed the 004 error again!
Then I ran a search again and luckily it was available on Demand.
I have to admit, that despite being such a nice machine, at that moment I wanted my 722 back. Never had to worry about that. I also had bad experiences with the last F1 race weekend, where Free Practice and Qualifying didn't record, even though it showed as scheduled.
I have a very bad tolerance about things being not reliable.

That's interesting Ralfyguy, I recorded F1 practice, qualifying and race... all recorded just like a 722K, H1 or H2! I'm missing the O'Reilly Factor either at 8 or 11 PM, all days... doesn't matter, misses both either on one-timer or repeat timers. My wife has missed a few of her shows but I don't remember which ones. She has also had the mysterious " automatic delete" problem. I'm still thinking that its one or more of the 16 recorders that is gorked.

Well, i'm going to knock on wood before posting this, but I got the Hopper 3 the 2nd day it was released and so far i have not experienced any of the corrupt recording issues. The only issue I've come across is the OTA being basically useless. Let me go find some more lumber now! :)

Well, i'm going to knock on wood before posting this, but I got the Hopper 3 the 2nd day it was released and so far i have not experienced any of the corrupt recording issues. The only issue I've come across is the OTA being basically useless. Let me go find some more lumber now! :)

That's interesting Ralfyguy, I recorded F1 practice, qualifying and race... all recorded just like a 722K, H1 or H2! I'm missing the O'Reilly Factor either at 8 or 11 PM, all days... doesn't matter, misses both either on one-timer or repeat timers. My wife has missed a few of her shows but I don't remember which ones. She has also had the mysterious " automatic delete" problem. I'm still thinking that its one or more of the 16 recorders that is gorked.
See after the F1 Practice didn't record, I checked the timer for the Qualifying, thinking it was just a dumb glitch. There was no other timers set at the time, so all tuners free. The Qualifying timer showed the red icon and it stated "To be recorded by LivingRoom1"
Next morning, same damn thing like with the Practice. Showed as skipped as "Not a new episode".
BS! That was the first race weekend and there was no reruns of it yet!
I did this timer a few weeks ago as a Seek timer through Search.
I have other shows through seek timers that worked just fine.
Besides that, it isn't an excuse to be just a Seek timer. That's what it is for. I expect this basic functionality to be reliable from a DVR, even if it is a new product. There is no excuse for that, period! I'm not as worried about the Netflix integration as Dish is. I want a working DVR.
I had set a Seek timer the same way for Indycar and it worked just fine.
This is what I call UNRELIABLE, and not a user error.
So I deleted the timer, went into the guide to the actual airing of the race and hit Record the old fashioned way. I set it to record only New.
Next race weekend we will see.
If then it skips my F1 race weekend again, this piggy is gonna go all the way home...

Yeah, I'm having the same problem, but only with 2 shows. "Better Call Saul" and "Join or Die" have both failed the past 2 weeks. Those are the only ones so far. Other shows on AMC record fine ( of course I've started watching those wile it was still recording). "join or Die" I've tried to pick up a later airing, but same corrupted recording. I've deleted the timers and re added all to no avail.

Due to the OTA bug, I have been trying to record the OTA version and sat version at the same time, but just about every one of the OTA versions is 0 minutes long and fails. I finally gave up and removed the OTA channels. I went to move tonight's Flash (recorded off Sat channel) over to my EHD after it recorded, and I get this:

Whole 0 minutes
IMG_20160329_204309_642_zpszqu0mi29.jpg

ERROR
IMG_20160329_204325_110_zps1gkuttgw.jpg

I'm pretty sick of this POS, I mean it's primary function is a DVR and rcvr and it can't even do that right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)