Hopper 3 - Corrupted Recordings - Error 04

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MitchDeerfield

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2016
Florida
Ever since version 3.07, I have been getting lots of bad recordings, Error 04 and Error 05, corrupted files. Is anyone else getting these errors. Last night I had to delete almost half of my recordings.

I am getting a lot of these errors where I can't open the Hopper 3 programs that I record, I just have to delete them. Should I call Dish to get a replacement Hopper 3 or do you think it will be fixed with the next firmware version?

I had one last night for Street Outlaws, I guess I'll need to wait until next week to record the episode I am missing. Overall I like Hopper 3
Same here to and Outside last night as well this really start tick me off as well the fact they STILL HAVE NOT FIX the audio PCM bug

I have also had this problem. On one of three I got error code 05, the other two (while scheduled for a 60 minute show) listed the recording with the same start and stop times... thus blank. The tech suggested a link between single and recurring timers. I tried single vs. recurring last night and the temporary fix worked

UPDATE: The second time I used the single event type recording on the same show, next night, it did NOT record. Start and stop time was the same, 7:59 PM.

UPDATE: The second time I used the single event type recording on the same show, next night, it did NOT record. Start and stop time was the same, 7:59 PM.
Yup I saw the same thing to Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh where are thoses Dsih Software Engineering can't they there get anything rigth

I called up yesterday to get a replacement H3, but the customer service rep said that it is a known software problem and the engineers are working on it. She said that they can't send out new hardware for a software problem like this.

Interestingly, all my new recordings worked today, when they all failed yesterday. Maybe this is progress, or maybe just luck.

I've gotten several since 308
Seems like I'm losing recordings every day.... and the number of problems keeps growing. We can't seem to "just watch TV" any longer as some have been fortunate enough to. And so far I've been unsuccessful with trying to get a new box.

I have not had 1 timer to fire since Thursday night. PTAT timers are ok but not one show from single or reoccuring. I have done both reset and plug boots. In the schedule it shows it as having been recorded.

I'm not getting them on a regular basis, but I am getting them enough to make me check recordings for them so I can schedule another recording if possible.

Lloyd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)