Hopper 3 - Corrupted Recordings - Error 04

It is a firmware issue. This has been confirmed by Scott (the owner/operator of this site). Scott said that Dish is aware of the problem and that a fix is coming 'shortly' with a new software release.

The reason not all people see the issue is because not everyone uses their receiver exactly the same way. Some people record different channels/different shows. Some people might use a different sequence of button pushes that makes the problem occur. Some people might be recording a sequence of shows that makes the problem occur. Some people might use their receiver in a way that you never would. There are a lot of reasons why some see the issue and some don't. That is why when you file a report for a software issue, they ask what was the exact sequence of events that you did that triggered the issue.
WOW, that's scary. I think the reason I don't have too many issues with my HWSs is because I keep fans on them and hardly use any features. I don't use My Favorites and My Folders. Also don't have the new CUI yet. :shh

WOW, that's scary. I think the reason I don't have too many issues with my HWSs is because I keep fans on them and hardly use any features. I don't use My Favorites and My Folders. Also don't have the new CUI yet. :shh
Mine worked fairly well when our HWS we on the actual national release S528 and S529 and .
Only since the update to U203 and U204 have these major bugs appear.
So it's clearly software issues.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I've been getting this error and after calling the support line, they sent a tech out as they stated it was the signal. That was 4-2-2016. I told them it was a waste of time since it was checked twice by the installers that had to come out twice when I got the hopper 3 (been with dish since 1998 and done most of my installs and I have a sat signal meter also). On 4-2-2016 the signal was tested the highest the tech has seen. Nothing was wrong. Still getting errors so I called and they wanted to send another tech out. This was 4-5-2016. SO they said they needed to send a replacement hopper. They don't know what they are doing.
Not worth paying for this service when I loose my recordings. If they could be downloaded later from their servers, I would deal, but most I can't.

I've been getting this error and after calling the support line, they sent a tech out as they stated it was the signal. That was 4-2-2016. I told them it was a waste of time since it was checked twice by the installers that had to come out twice when I got the hopper 3 (been with dish since 1998 and done most of my installs and I have a sat signal meter also). On 4-2-2016 the signal was tested the highest the tech has seen. Nothing was wrong. Still getting errors so I called and they wanted to send another tech out. This was 4-5-2016. SO they said they needed to send a replacement hopper. They don't know what they are doing.
Not worth paying for this service when I loose my recordings. If they could be downloaded later from their servers, I would deal, but most I can't.
That is pathetic. They know it isn't the hardware. Sending out techs and replacement receivers is such a stupid waste.

How many of you that are having corrupt recordings are using the 4 window mutil channel sports bar mode? I have only had one recording that was corrupt so far. I also have only tried the sports bar mode maybe twice since it came out. I do not know if the bad recording was being recorded at the same time that I was using the sports bar mode but might be something.

How many of you that are having corrupt recordings are using the 4 window mutil channel sports bar mode? I have only had one recording that was corrupt so far. I also have only tried the sports bar mode maybe twice since it came out. I do not know if the bad recording was being recorded at the same time that I was using the sports bar mode but might be something.

I have never used the 4 window multi channel sports bar mode and yet I am getting corrupted recordings. I don't think it's related to using the sports bar mode.

Mark

I use MultiView all the time and have had a total of 2 corrupted recordings, both of which were during thunder storms.

I have never used the 4 window multi channel sports bar mode and yet I am getting corrupted recordings. I don't think it's related to using the sports bar mode.

Mark

Agreed. I used the sports bar mode last night for the Wisconsin primary coverage. Neither of the two recording made since are corrupted.

Cool, thanks. Be curious to see if I have it when I get home tomorrow.
Don't ya love that...... We took 4 days off to head to the island and BAM, Fish (ok, a little slip there....) Dish pushes an update.

Same thing happens with the phone updates...

According to a rep at the Mothership U309 is available for download. Let's see what problems it cures and what problems it creates! Receiver must be turned off to receive it.

Well, that's what she said. I was instructed to turn of the H3 and wait 30 minutes for the download to happen (I went to bed). This morning I'm still at U308. May its in queue for tonight's download, maybe its not, maybe its vaporware... time may tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts