Hopper 3, DISH 1000+, 118.7 International

How will Hopper 3 be connected with DISH 1000+ for 118.7 International.

The new EA Hybrid LNBF has an input so you can add a wing dish for 118 from the Dish 1000+. I haven't seen the WA Hybrid LNBF but I assume it also has an input.

Thanks, can you let me know when you know for sure?

We're in an EA market and have the Hybrid EA LNBF's in stock, but I don't expect to see any WA versions personally anytime soon. Maybe somebody with a WA version can comment.

How will Hopper 3 be connected with DISH 1000+ for 118.7 International.

Scott posted this from Vivek in the upgrade thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3808128/

Option 2 – available towards the end of this year. We will have a new switch DPH42 – that will support using your existing 1000+ DISH and existing LNB and will also allow you to have more than one Hopper 3. So you will not require a 2nd DISH, will not have to change your current LNB and you can have multiple Hopper3’s. Since this part is still under development, I do not have a more specific date than Q4-2016 at this time.

at least there is some hope for us 1000+ dish customers who can't or won't add a second wing dish. Although a really long wait.

Reactions: charlesrshell
A wing dish is for a separate satellite (usually for the other "arc"). You will not need one for 77, that will come in on your regular arc dish unless you have a very unusual setup now where you are getting your main channels from the western arc and your locals from the eastern arc (you would already have two dishes).

If he goes to a Hopper 3, he will need the wing dish to access 77 where his locals are. The Eastern Arc hybrid LNB only accesses 61.5 and 72.....

Reactions: rglore
This LNB is dumb if it isn't picking up the same birds that the old LNBs did.
In Echostar's defense, the vast majority of installs do not require 118.7 or 77 so, with them having a roadmap (the DPH42 switch) on the way, it made much more sense to go ahead and come out with the DPH WA and EA LNBF first since it will allow probably over 95% of installs for the CONUS. It doesn't work in AK, HI, or Puerto Rico either.

We're in an EA market and have the Hybrid EA LNBF's in stock, but I don't expect to see any WA versions personally anytime soon. Maybe somebody with a WA version can comment.
62556a32d9315e8003d003c56d256aa8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Is your market EA only? Or one of the dual beam markets? Here (Birmingham DMA) is both E&W, but they usually want to put everybody on EA even though the signal strength is not as good as WA. I use the WA since signal is better.

Is your market EA only? Or one of the dual beam markets? Here (Birmingham DMA) is both E&W, but they usually want to put everybody on EA even though the signal strength is not as good as WA. I use the WA since signal is better.

We're EA only. They still have the SD locals on 110 but that's not really an option anymore.

If you're in a market with the locals on 77 and need 118 also, there is no solution as of now for the h3.

Reactions: rglore
I believe that the DPH LNBF has a port that a wing dish can be connected to, so I know if that is the case, you can use a Dish 300, or a Dish 500 with an I-Yoke adapter for 77. I don't know of a LNBF for 118.7 that will work with a standalone dish though.
Any DP or DPP dish that has the head designed to receive the 118 orbital can be used as a wing dish for 118.

Thanks for the info

I am in Louisville, KY and it appears all my locals are on 77

The new hopper sounds great just don't know if I want two dishes on my roof

Thanks again

This is a very helpful thread. I was very seriosly considering getting the H3 upon release, but I REALLY did not want only one H3 in our household. Also, I need 118.7 supported and not having to use a wing dish is preferred, so I am glad to hear Dish will have a new switch later this year that is compatable with what is not the reflector now. Knowing Dish will have a solution later this year so that we can have TWO H3's, I have decided to wait. The reasons we need tow Hoppers (3's) is because the 2TB is not enough for the recordings we have across tow DVR's (I already have external HDD's with content) AND we prefer to keep recordings seperate: one HWS is for those users, and the other HWS is for us, and each is quickly over 50% full.

I just hope the new switch is ready before 4th quarter, but probably not.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This is a very helpful thread. I was very seriosly considering getting the H3 upon release, but I REALLY did not want only one H3 in our household. Also, I need 118.7 supported and not having to use a wing dish is preferred, so I am glad to hear Dish will have a new switch later this year that is compatable with what is not the reflector now. Knowing Dish will have a solution later this year so that we can have TWO H3's, I have decided to wait. The reasons we need tow Hoppers (3's) is because the 2TB is not enough for the recordings we have across tow DVR's (I already have external HDD's with content) AND we prefer to keep recordings seperate: one HWS is for those users, and the other HWS is for us, and each is quickly over 50% full.

I just hope the new switch is ready before 4th quarter, but probably not.

I am going to wait too for the DPH42 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)