Hopper 3 Dish Anywhere question

I think KAB is wrong on that one. When I upgraded from my 722k to the HWS, I lost the ability to play back recordings from my EHD when using Dish Anywhere. As far as I know, none of the Hoppers will allow you to play back recordings from your EHD when using Dish Anywhere.

It has been posted on this board that Dish has said that the ability to play back EHD recordings on the 622/722/722k receivers (using Dish Anywhere) was due to a "bug" in the software. That is one "bug" that I wish Dish would reintroduce into their software!

I guess I won't be replacing my 722K anytime soon. I don't see how they can consider this a "bug", it's a feature that should be available on their newest receivers and there really is no excuse.

Regarding one stream at a time, I am correct. If you try to use a second device you will see...
"Another user is viewing is viewing video from this receiver. Do you want to take over the video?"
Yes, that is correct. In your post #19, you quoted ppappas saying "I can access all the recordings on my EHD. With a H3 or HWS you can't do this?", and your answer was "Yes, you can". That is why I said you were wrong about that.

I guess I won't be replacing my 722K anytime soon. I don't see how they can consider this a "bug", it's a feature that should be available on their newest receivers and there really is no excuse.
Yes, I agree with you. Only Dish can take a really useful feature and spin it into a "software bug" to try and explain why we don't have that feature on our Hoppers. Totally ridiculous!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)